Why are calendar entries months out showing in my register?

canman
canman Member ✭✭
Entered quarterly tax payments for 2022 on calendar and they auto-appear in register.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Assuming you have not set any filters on the register, when you enter transactions, the transaction should appear in the register.  If you created reminders, the reminders should appear in the register if they are in the specified date range: open the register, Ctrl + Shift + N, and select Reminders to show in register

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go into your register, select the Actions gear icon and then select "Reminders to show in register".
    What is your setting for "Next [xx] days/months"?
    This settings controls that scheduled reminders will be shown in your register as if they were real register transactions already. Supposedly helps with future balance planning.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Assuming you have not set any filters on the register, when you enter transactions, the transaction should appear in the register.  If you created reminders, the reminders should appear in the register if they are in the specified date range: open the register, Ctrl + Shift + N, and select Reminders to show in register
  • canman
    canman Member ✭✭
    No reminders set. These are future calendared transactions that i have scheduled to show in my register 30 days ahead. I've never had them instantly appear before.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    canman said:
    No reminders set. These are future calendared transactions that i have scheduled to show in my register 30 days ahead. I've never had them instantly appear before.
    In Quicken, reminders are what we use to schedule transactions.

If you entered a transaction in the calendar and the transaction did not appear in the register, you should have had a filter on the register.  For example, you may have set the date range set to Last 12 months.
  • canman
    canman Member ✭✭
    I have no reminders set for next 30 days on the register. I've always entered future payments on my calendar and then have them appear on my register 30 days in advance. Suddenly, with no changes that I'm aware of, when i enter an item on my calendar it instantly shows up on my register, even if it's a year in the future.
  • canman
    canman Member ✭✭
    Aaaaah! I entered the calendar item as a transaction rather than a reminder. Never mind. Thanks for the attempted help.
This discussion has been closed.