Citibank - Transactions Missing - Ongoing Issue

Hi - I've been having an issue for many months now with missing Citibank transactions. This is only happening with Citibank and it seems to happen every time now. I've done a validate and repair on my file, and I've done a reset of the online services setup, but the problem persists. I've noticed that it often happens with transactions in the amount of 9.99, 1.99...but not always. Has anyone else been having this issue?

Thanks,
Christine

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @chrisandmark330

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. What connection method are you using? Also what instance of Citi are you using? 

To check the connection method please select Tools >Account List >Edit account details >Online Services. 

Please elaborate further so that we may provide guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Hi Paloma, please see attached screenshot for info about setup and financial institution. The problem is that it seems some recurring transaction amounts (like $9.99) seem to be somehow linking back to older transactions so they aren't being downloaded into the register. However, that's not the only issue. Lately, I've also been missing random transactions that don't seem to tie back to anything previously. Again, I've done a repair of the file, I've reset the connection, but the problem continues. This only happens with Citibank.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Hello @chrisandmark330

Thank you for your response, and pardon the delay in mine. Could you please attempt to super validate your file? 

To do this hold Ctrl + Shift then select File >Validate and Repair File (while holding the keys).

Once the menu pops up you may release the keys and check the first box "super validate". Once you have super validated the file please keep an eye out for these particular transactions as they come in. 

Let us know how it goes and if you come across the same or a different issue. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Hi Paloma,

I completed the super validate and no errors were found, but hopefully that still resolves the issue.

Thanks,
    Christine
  • Hi Paloma,

Unfortunately the problem is still happening. Just reconciled and found I was missing two transactions on 1/29/22 each for $9.99 (same payee).

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Christine
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    There is a known problem with Express Web Connect, and how Intuit generates unique Ids.
    To be sure this is what the problem is turn on the Downloaded ID column and see if they start with INTUIT-.  That will show if Intuit is generating the unique Ids or not.

Intuit's method of generating unique Ids doesn't take into account that there might two identical transactions on the same day.  The result is that they generate the same unique Id for both transactions and Quicken then ignores the second (or more) transactions that are identical on the same day.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Hi @Chris_QPW, I checked and the downloaded IDs do not start with INTUIT. Is it preferable to use a different connection method than Express Web Connect (if another option exists)?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If available Direct Connect is the best option since it directly from Quicken to the financial institution using a standardized protocol.  Whereas Express Web connect goes through Quicken servers, Intuit servers (the aggregator that Quicken Inc pays for the service) and the financial institution's website with a non-standardized "agreed method".

But Citibank doesn't have Direct Connect for banking accounts.  It does have it for its credit cards.  In that case you use Citi Cards instead of Citibank for the financial institution, and you have to authorize it on the Citi Cards website.
    https://online.citi.com/US/ag/ofxConsentPage
    Signature:
  • Good to know, thanks @Chris_QPW.
  • chrisandmark330
    chrisandmark330 Member ✭✭
    @Chris_QPW Hi Chris, just wanted to come back and post a quick update. The change to Direct Connect seems to have solved the issues I was having with missing Citibank transactions. Thanks again!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @chrisandmark330 you are very welcome.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.