I renewed but Quicken now says my membership has expired

Garry@
Garry@ Member ✭✭✭✭
My Quicken membership was automatically renewed on 1 December 2021.  Just today, however, when I started Quicken it displayed two messages saying my membership had expired.  One of those message obscures registers so, I can't use Quicken at present.

I have checked online and via Quicken that my subscription is active. I have also checked that I'm using the correct Quicken ID (I think there is only one).

I tried to "Sign Out.." but, nothing happened. The Quicken file stayed open and the "Sign Out.. " menu item was unchanged.  I tried signing out again and agin but nothing happened. I manually closed the file and reopened but, it displayed the please renew messages again.

I sign in via the web browser and everything looks normal.  But, there is no way to sign out or cancel the subscription.

I used "My Quicken Account" from the app but there is no sign out function.

It's very weird as the auto-renew process worked perfectly in December 2020.  Now, it is stopping me from using Quicken even though I paid.

What else can I do to make Quicken know I have renewed ?

Quicken 7.3.2 in macOS 14.1.1, on Mac Studio Max 24c. Quicken for Mac user since 1997.

Answers

• Hello @Garry@,

Thank you for coming to the community with your question!

Please go to Quicken>Sign out. Once it has signed you out, please sign back in and the banners should be gone!

Do let us know if you still have trouble with this. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Garry@
    Garry@ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Sorry but, that did not work.  I used the "Sign Out.." function again, then closed and reopened Quicken.  Quicken automatically opened my data file and checked my membership, then displayed the two messages again saying that my membership has expired.  That was no opportunity to sign in.

The "Sign Out..." function doesn't seem to do anything.

Quicken 7.3.2 in macOS 14.1.1, on Mac Studio Max 24c. Quicken for Mac user since 1997.

• Garry@
    Garry@ Member ✭✭✭✭
    By the way, for the last two days, Quicken has been trying to check my Cloud account.  But, I do not have a cloud account (and do not want one).

I don't understand why this is all happening nearly 2 months after I renewed.

• @Garry@,

I will DM you for further information. 

Quicken Alyssa

• tpowell
    tpowell Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue this morning.  I signed out, closed Quicken and signed back in, getting same message.  I also posted a thread on this group as well.  Please help me.
  • Jay Baker
    Jay Baker Member ✭✭✭
    Same as the rest... renewed my Deluxe subscription middle of December
  • HAFMAC
    HAFMAC Mac Beta Beta
    Add another one.  I renewed in November and today it says my subscription has expired.  Tried the sign-out sign-in and that didn't nothing.  
  • Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue popped up for me this morning. Mac user as well. Got the "Membership Expired" banners and when I checked my subscription, I see it was auto-renewed in November and good till November 2022. Signing out and back in did not resolve???
  • crusher1961
    crusher1961 Unconfirmed
    Also having this issue. signed in and out, changed password, checked my account which has not expired. Continue to get the expired membership banner.
  • Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭✭
    I just spent an hour with them this morning via their chat support. No resolution yet. They had me uninstall/reinstall the app, but still getting the Membership Expired banners. When I check my account online (via browser), shows I renewed in November and subscription good till November 2022, but the app apparently isn't updating this info as it shows it expired yesterday. I suspect this is an issue with their authentication server, as many people seem to be having this issue this morning and yesterday wouldn't even be a date my subscription would expire on even if I didn't renew it. They gave me a case # and asked that I check back in later today. :(
  • JohnV007
    JohnV007 Member ✭✭
    Same issue. Verified that my membership is good through Nov 2022 however the software shows that it expired yesterday. Waiting for a fix or at least an announcement that they are aware of the issue.
  • tpowell
    tpowell Member ✭✭
    I have been on chat support for a while, trying to get them to escalate this.
  • Shirley Winkler
    Shirley Winkler Member ✭✭✭
    Talked to Quicken this am (1 hour mostly on hold) - they have elevated this problem to the techys and are working on a resolution. They said that they would post something to Quicken Community about the issue. They hope to have this resolved ASAP.
  • LB522
    LB522 Member, Mac Beta Beta
    After 30 mins waiting to chat with Support, they gave me a link to this thread and told me to "wait 24 hours and try again".
  • tpowell
    tpowell Member ✭✭
    My last chat with tech support said they are looking into it, and to try again in 24 hours.

The interesting thing is when I look at the about info it shows me subscribed to premier, but I am a deluxe user.
  • tpowell
    tpowell Member ✭✭
    Haha... I pasted this thread into my chat with them, I did not want them telling me to uninstall and reinstall, etc.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Everyone

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are experiencing this issue. We are aware of this issue as of now and our teams are currently investigating this issue. We appreciate your patience and will post an open alert as needed. 

Thank you! 

-Quicken Paloma
  • tpowell
    tpowell Member ✭✭
    Resolved for me.  Thank you to the Quicken Team for a quick fix :)
  • tpowell
    tpowell Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    [Removed-Duplicate Post]
  • Garry@
    Garry@ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Fixed for me too.  Everything working as before.

Many thanks for the quick response and fix.

This discussion has been closed.