Every time I exit Quicken I get a pop-up saying "One or more updates did not start . . . "

Options
Doug4
Doug4 Member ✭✭
How do I make that go away? I've tried clicking yes but the next screen asks for my Vault password and my password is not recognized. This has been happening for many months.

Best Answer

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Doug4

Thank you for your response. Could you please run a validation on your file? To do this select File >Validate and Repair. On the popup window check the first box "validate" and click OK. 

When you have a moment please attempt the steps above and let us know. 

-Quicken Paloma

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Options
    Hello @Doug4

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this persisting issue. For this particular instance, I would recommend resetting your cloud data. Before starting the process please ensure that you have made a backup of your current file. 

To begin please select Edit >Preferences >Mobile & Web >Reset your cloud data. On the popup menu type in "yes" and click reset. Once the reset has been done please select File >Exit. 

When you have a moment please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest disabled Scheduled Updates: select Tools > Scheduled Updates...

• Doug4
    Doug4 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Followed suggestions by Quicken Paloma & Sherlock. Now I'm getting a new message when I Synch changes to the Quicken Cloud - "The referenced resource (parameter=id, id= . . . . ) has been deleted."
    What now???
  • Quicken Paloma
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Doug4

Thank you for your response. Could you please run a validation on your file? To do this select File >Validate and Repair. On the popup window check the first box "validate" and click OK. 

When you have a moment please attempt the steps above and let us know. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doug4 said:
    Followed suggestions by Quicken Paloma & Sherlock. Now I'm getting a new message when I Synch changes to the Quicken Cloud - "The referenced resource (parameter=id, id= . . . . ) has been deleted."
    What now???
    I suggest you delete the cloud account associated with the Quicken file.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows
  • Doug4
    Doug4 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ran the validate & repair. Pop-up messages now seem to have gone away. Thanks Quicken Paloma!
  • Quicken Paloma
    Options
    Hello @Doug4

Thank you for your response. We are glad your issue is now resolved. Let us know of any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.