Tax Schedule report missing Salary and Social Security

Options
JoeyGrabi
JoeyGrabi Member
edited February 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Any idea why the default subject report (includes all categories) fails to display the Salary and Social Security content? The other income is displayed but not those items categorized as Salary or Social Security.

The default Banking Summary report displays all the income categories and the default Tax Summary report displays the Salary but not the Social Security items.

Seems inconsistent when it comes to the Tax reports?
Tagged:

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both mine and my spouse's SS income shows up in both the Tax Schedule and the Tax Summary Reports.

What tax line do you have associated with the category you are using for SS income?  Appears it should be "Form 1040:Social Security Income; Self" (or Spouse)  
  • wlberry
    wlberry Member
    Options
    I have same problem, I am using Form 1040 also and it does not show up on basic report.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Social Security is not a built-in category. Each user must create the appropriate category or categories, and link them to the correct tax line items. Until you do that, SS won't show on tax reports. See @q_lurker's response above.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Likewise, if your Salary category is missing from tax reports, look it up in Tools > Category list and make sure it has the correct Tax line item, which is W2:Salary or wages, self or ... spouse.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Extending the remarks from 3 SuperUsers, above.
    NOTHING is included on the Tax reports unless that category (or account) has a tax line associated with it.
    Q has no way of knowing that "Joe Blow's Paycheck" should be associated with the W2:Salary tax line.
    Same for "Janie Somebody's SS check".  It has to have a tax line associated in order to show up in the Tax reports.
    Do TOOLS, Category List and see if the categories that you're using have appropriate tax lines.  Edit the categories, as needed, to correct.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.