Issue with YTD Return Percentage Calculation as of 2/1/22 - Investments

pgavon
pgavon Member ✭✭✭
In reviewing my YTD returns for several of my holdings, I noticed that they have positive returns (in dollars) for the year-to-date 2022, but the year to date % return is showing a negative number. I realize that the YTD % return is provided by a third party, but I suspect there is a fundamental problem in either their calculation or presentation to Quicken. This has happened in the past, and I would have thought the vendor would be watching this a bit more closely. Anyone else see this result in their YTD Investment Return %???
Tagged:

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were reports earlier this year that the Return (%) data is slow to update. See this discussion
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7905275/return-column-for-investing-page-not-properly-updating-for-2022-activity
    QWin Premier subscription
  • pgavon
    pgavon Member ✭✭✭
    @Jim_Harman - Thanks - I started the thread you referenced above. That is why I am bringing it up again as the year-to-date Return % should be correctly updated daily for those who use that statistic as part of their buy / sell strategies. It scares me when I am the only one who notices it, and no one at Quicken seems to be aware of it when it happens.
  • Jim_Harman
    This is a user to user forum and it is unlikely that anyone from Quicken will do anything about this problem unless you and other users bring it directly to their attention by contacting Quicken Support.

In the meantime, the ROI (%) YTD column in the Portfolio views is a good indicator of short term performance for securities you hold. This is calculated based on your holdings and includes the impact of Buys, Sells, and distributions.

If you provide us and Quicken Support a few ticker symbols of securities where you see problems, we can see if we see the same issues.
  • pgavon
    pgavon Member ✭✭✭
    Looking at my investment data this morning, the issue was corrected late yesterday and the YTD Return % now appear to be correct.
  • Jim_Harman
    Since we also saw this early in January, it may be related in some way to the start of a new month.
This discussion has been closed.