Under the "Investing" grouping in the side bar, looking at Portfolio/Accounts the cash line

Options
Gilles9
Gilles9 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
edited March 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Under "Investing" if I look (open) any account, the "cash" line does not appear anymore

It does if I select "Brokerage" or "Retirement" each account when opened do show the "cash" line ( the cash the liquidities in the account )

Only when choosing INVESTING it does not show

Is it by design or a bug ?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gilles9 said:
    Under "Investing" if I look (open) any account, the "cash" line does not appear anymore

It does if I select "Brokerage" or "Retirement" each account when opened do show the "cash" line ( the cash the liquidities in the account )

Only when choosing INVESTING it does not show

Is it by design or a bug ?
    Hello @Gilles9,

I am sorry for any confusion you may be experiencing. Thank you for speaking with us here on the Quicken Community in regards to this matter. 

Before I answer your question, I have a few of my own. Are you referring to a line in the Account List on the left-hand panel of the Quicken window? Were there individual accounts under this line? Also, would you be able to provide a screenshot of what you are currently seeing for further clarification?

I look forward to your response, should you have the opportunity to check back in with us here in this discussion.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Gilles9
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Selectin "Investing" in the left pane, gives the window in the right pane (shown here on the attachment)
    Opening any of those accounts in the right pane, as CDBN G or any other will show the list of securities in that account, there was at the bottom a line called "CASH" which showed the amount of cash in that account ( when there is no cash in the account the line "cash" does not show )

It does not show a cash line in my accounts that do have cash

note: if I select Brokerage or Retirement in the left pane, then the accounts will show the "cash" line at the bottom of each account in the right pane
  • Gilles9
    Options
    Additional: in Version 6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100) the cash line was still showing ( as for previous versions

InVersion 6.5.3 (Build 605.42687.100) it does not, cannot say when it stopped showing in 6.5.2 or 6.5.3
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Gilles9 It sounds like you're describing to Portfolio view for investing, correct? I'm not seeing Cash disappear from the Portfolio view. As long as the filter is set for Group by Security, Group by Type, Group by Asset Class, or Group by Holding Period — anything by Group by Account — there is a line for Cash, as long as there is Cash in the account accounts being viewed. I don't see any change in this switching between a single account, the Brokerage sub-group, or the main Investing Group.

If what I'm describing is not what you're referring to, please post back with more information about where you're looking and what settings you have.  
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Gilles9
    Options
    Ooops...my bad, my Investing was set to "Performance" instead of "Portfolio Value"

Problem solved...thanks
This discussion has been closed.