Was there an offer on TurboTax to Quicken users, for 2021?

Options
EmKay
EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭
I've gotten some $10 off offers from Turbotax, but I could swear that I saw a far better discount offered to Quicken users on Turbotax.  I know they're not the same company, anymore - that's why it surprised me.  But did I just imagine this?

Is anyone aware of a way for Quicken users to save significantly on Turbotax?  I prefer the downloaded version, but the tax software that I thought I was going to use this year may not cut it, after all...

Quicken Classic Premier (Windows) R52.33

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure about an offer for Quicken users but if you have a Fidelity account they are offering free or deeply discounted Turbotax
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There may well be an offer of a Free Quicken Starter Edition Subscription in TurboTax, but ...
    • This offer is for new Quicken users only (those who have not used Quicken before).
      It cannot be used to extend your currently existing Quicken Subscription. Read the fine print.
    - "The bold print giveth. The fine print taketh away."
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah it would seem any offers you saw on Turbo Tax would be to get Quicken, not the other way around.  Not an offer for Quicken users to get Turbo Tax.  Although you can get a free Turbo Tax Self Employed version by using QuickBooks Self Employed version.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember years ago getting a Quicken & TurboTax bundle in like November, but that was when Quicken was owned by Intuit and they had the yearly Quicken releases.

With them being separate companies now and TurboTax being Intuit’s big money maker, I doubt buying Quicken is even on Intuit’s radar screen as something they would “discount for”.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.