Fidelity Transaction Do NOT Download to Quicken

Options
I have seen similar posts on this matter, which is "Fidelity Transaction Do NOT Download to Quicken". In the last 30 to 60 days, this problem has started. It is infuriating, especially when a person has multiple Fidelity accounts. I have tried resetting, I have "deactivated" online services, unchecked "enable simple investing", etc. The transactions used to download and for whatever reason, it does not work anymore?? How do I fix? Or, is this a now current flaw of the system??

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Is the problem that when you look at the account in Quicken, there is no Transaction list (register) or does everything look normal but no transactions download?

If there is no transaction list, your account has been switched to Simple mode by a recent update. 

For each affected account, click the gear at the top right, pick Edit account details, and select Complete in the Tracking Method box.

Then go to Edit > Preferences > Investment transactions and un-check the Enable Simple Investing box.

If you just un-check the setting in Preferences and Quicken checks it again, the accounts will switch back to Simple.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Is the problem that when you look at the account in Quicken, there is no Transaction list (register) or does everything look normal but no transactions download?

If there is no transaction list, your account has been switched to Simple mode by a recent update. 

For each affected account, click the gear at the top right, pick Edit account details, and select Complete in the Tracking Method box.

Then go to Edit > Preferences > Investment transactions and un-check the Enable Simple Investing box.

If you just un-check the setting in Preferences and Quicken checks it again, the accounts will switch back to Simple.

QWin Premier subscription
  • wcfreels
    wcfreels Member
    Options
    Been having the same issues with getting it to update. Everything gets set up, downloads OK one day, gets the error the next day. Tried reset, deavtivate and reactive, etc. Very strange. Been like this for about a month so wonder if something is going on. Never had issues with Fidelity downloads before.
  • UnfocusedSenior
    UnfocusedSenior Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Well, it appears that things are downloading again. My fingers are crossed. [Removed - Speculation] I probably will have to go back and manually reconcile the accounts now. [Removed - Sarcasm/Disruptive] Follow Jim Harman's solution to get things re-started.
This discussion has been closed.