The "Fix it" button does not seem to be useful

after clicking on the "Fix It' button, i sync passwords on the account again, and Quicken responds successful password update and sync, however, when I update all accounts again, the "Fix It" issue recurs, upon next update.

Best Answers

• Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have found a condition that after utilizing the "Fix It" Button. Quicken does not always check the Passwords associated with the affected Institution in the Quickens Password Vault to change the old with the new Password. I had to manually update the Password Vault entries with the new Password. Otherwise, the "Fix It" Button kept reappearing for me.

Might this be your situation?
    Running on the Quicken Windows Premier Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • TimeVampire
    TimeVampire Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you, I’ll try to verify passwords, otherwise, I’ll attempt a connection reset - recreate.

I find it curious that they added the facility, and yet it’s useless in my scenario, regardless of the issue.

Answers

• Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have found a condition that after utilizing the "Fix It" Button. Quicken does not always check the Passwords associated with the affected Institution in the Quickens Password Vault to change the old with the new Password. I had to manually update the Password Vault entries with the new Password. Otherwise, the "Fix It" Button kept reappearing for me.

Might this be your situation?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The Fix it button is going to be running what it “guesses” might fix it.  Just as you might guess that Resetting the connection might fix a problem, it is just a guess.  There is certainly no guarantee that it is going to fix the problem.  That doesn’t mean it didn’t try “something”, it just means it wasn’t the right “something” for your problem.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • TimeVampire
    TimeVampire Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you, I’ll try to verify passwords, otherwise, I’ll attempt a connection reset - recreate.

I find it curious that they added the facility, and yet it’s useless in my scenario, regardless of the issue.
  • TimeVampire
    TimeVampire Member ✭✭
    Thank You, makes sense.
  • Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    TimeVampire, you are welcome. Quicken is a complex program. Was the password in your Password Vault not Updated?

• TimeVampire
    TimeVampire Member ✭✭
    yep, that was the issue. I actually preferred the older Quicken offline version from 1994, but whatev. seemed to have a lot less issues, or at least different issues.

thanks for the help. perhaps I'll go back to Open Systems Accounting Software :/
This discussion has been closed.