Windows 11 Compatibility?

Is the latest version of Quicken fully compatible with Windows 11?

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    StanC said:
    "fully" would imply ever possible function in Quicken was tested against Windows 11.  That is never going to happen.

I'm currently running Quicken under Windows 11 and not having any problems.  There hasn't been an official announcement from Quicken Inc about it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    StanC said:
    "fully" would imply ever possible function in Quicken was tested against Windows 11.  That is never going to happen.

I'm currently running Quicken under Windows 11 and not having any problems.  There hasn't been an official announcement from Quicken Inc about it.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Actually I'm going to amend what I said, and say I have found any "Quicken problems", but I have found where what Quicken is doing is preventing a new feature in Windows 11 from working right (the snap feature).  See this:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20211033/#Comment_20211033
    Signature:
  • DocDJ
    DocDJ Member ✭✭✭
    Hi all,
    I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I am getting an error opening Quicken Premiere. The QW.CFG file cannot be opened. The pop-up I get says to uncheck the "read-only" flag, but it is ALREADY unchecked. I suspect it is problem because C:\...\APPDATA\...Quicken\cfg is a protected folder and that's where QW.CFG. Any tips?
  • DocDJ
    DocDJ Member ✭✭✭
    > @DocDJ said:
    > Hi all,
    > I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I am getting an error opening Quicken Premiere. The QW.CFG file cannot be opened. The pop-up I get says to uncheck the "read-only" flag, but it is ALREADY unchecked. I suspect it is problem because C:\...\APPDATA\...Quicken\cfg is a protected folder and that's where QW.CFG. Any tips?

Found the solution: in Cortana, type "controlled folder access" (w/o the quotes). Click on Allow an app through Controlled Folder Access. (Click YES at the prompt.) Click the PLUS sign. Click on "recently blocked apps. Find quicken and allow it.
  • cherimas
    cherimas Member
    I have just learned that Windows 11 is not supported by Quicken and that "sometimes Quicken works and sometimes it doesn't" according to support tech. There is no plan or timeframe for making Quicken Premier compatible with Windows 11. I am now unable to use my data file for Quicken or to restore a backup. Registers do not display ANY transactions. I am extremely dissatisfied as I have used Quicken for 25 years and my whole financial history is in QFX format as is my 2021 tax data. Has anyone found a resolution for this problem or know of another financial software program that I could import my Quicken data into so it is usable?
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have been using Quicken "Deluxe" version on Win11 Pro since beta days (June/July?) on my old laptop, and now completely on my main system since a few weeks ago without any issues.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• StanC
    StanC Member
    I have also employed Windows 11 and have no issues with Quicken. I wish I could say the same for Quicken Bill Pay, which is the wonkiest program ever.
  • hkkummer
    hkkummer Member
    I cannot adjust the printer for sheets of 3. I just purchased a Surface with Windows 11. I'm down to printing one check at a time which is laborious..
  • I had xps on old computer now I have hp laptop with windows 11 I have 2006 quicken on old computer will windows 11 work with 2006 quicken
  • I’ve been running Quicken on Windows 11 for a couple of weeks and everything seems to function, However there is a performance problem.

Occasionally when I click on an account, or just move my mouse around, the Quicken window will expand so the taskbar disappears, my PC hangs and the cursor turns into an hourglass. After about 5 or 10 seconds) everything returns to normal.

Since I see this behavior in other programs, I am guessing its a Windows 11 problem, not Quicken.
  • Dave Haught
    Dave Haught Member ✭✭✭
    I have been running Quicken Premier under Windows 11 for a few days with no issues. Interesting that the "about" dialog box says Windows 10. Anyone know how to get that updated to reflect Windows 11?
  • Tibornjr
    Tibornjr Member
    I migrated to Windows 11 a couple weeks ago on my Surface Pro 7 and have had nothing but problems getting Quicken Deluxe to run on that OS. I've called Quicken Support multiple times and each time (with one exception), the tech pretended not to know (or dare I say actually didn't know?) about compatibility problems with Windows 11. The tech who had knowledge sent me a Windows 11 "patch" that purports to fix some of the problems users have been encountering. It did nothing to resolve my sign-in issues. I migrated back to Windows 10 and have had no issues with the program ever since. My advice to those who have a life and would rather spend their weekends doing other tasks is to avoid migrating to Windows 11 if you want to access your financial data using Quicken Deluxe.
  • Aiden13
    Aiden13 Member ✭✭
    looks like Quicken will be waiting until Windows 11 will be forced on everyone. I am stopping my automatic yearly "service" upgrade of quicken. When they figure this out then Maybe I will reapply for their "service".
  • whwiii
    whwiii Member
    migrated to windows 11 11/29/21. started completely locking up intermittently after making entries in my very old checking account after an updated approximately 1/7/22. has been intermittently locking up since then. tried uninstall/reinstall, supervalidate and repair to no avail. an hour on hold and tech support simply stated it was not compatible with windows 11.