Why are random transactions diappearing?

Options
I have seen discussions regarding disappearing transactions but no really helpful solutions. I keep having issues with seemly random transactions disappearing from my register(s). From what I can tell, most of them are things that are weekly scheduled payments or deposits. They are automatically entered. When they disappear, it can be from just a month ago or it could be from years ago. Occasionally the dates are changed. For example, I get paid weekly and randomly Quicken will change the dates on the transactions so it looks like I got paid twice one week and not paid the following.

I use the Windows subscription version of Quicken.

Does anyone have any help on how to keep this from happening? It's really frustrating having to go back years sometimes to find why I can no longer reconcile my accounts.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Unless you're using the Quicken Mobile app or Quicken on the Web, I suggest you stop synching accounts to the Quicken Cloud.  If you are going to continue to synch accounts to the Quicken Cloud, if you have open other Quicken files with the same internal file identifier, you risk corrupting the cloud account which may subsequently corrupt the Quicken file.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/what-quicken-cloud

Regardless, I suggest you delete the cloud account associated with the Quicken file.  Quicken will regenerate it.  Note: You will need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @FlyersLady41

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue (especially if you are a Flyers fan).

It seems as though the issues you are having are random in terms of their occurrences, timing and nature.  Which is another way of saying they have no rhyme or reason.  That could be a sign of a corrupted datafile.  Have you tried validating and supervalidating your datafile lately?

If not, I suggest that you follow the instructions located in this LINK.  But before you do anything, please make sure that you have a good backup of your datafile, so that you have something that can be restored and put you no worse than you are today.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.