Attachment sync error

cleonard47
cleonard47 Member ✭✭
I have been getting this error for a few weeks now. Related to some transaction with an attachment. Deleting the attachment and creating a new one does not resolve the issue.
Program work well otherwise.

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    The first thing I would try is to rename that attachment without that dash in the name. It might be considered a special character on whatever backend system they are using. Also, make sure the attachment is a reasonable size-I don't know if there are limits on attachment sizes when syncing. 

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    The first thing I would try is to rename that attachment without that dash in the name. It might be considered a special character on whatever backend system they are using. Also, make sure the attachment is a reasonable size-I don't know if there are limits on attachment sizes when syncing. 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You might try changing the attachment to a simple image (.jpg or .png) file to see if that resolves the sync error. If yes, then you can do additional tests to see if it's the file size or name of the PDF you had previously attached which causes the problem. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • cleonard47
    cleonard47 Member ✭✭
    Two days ago I followed John_in_NC's recommendation and the problem hasn't happened since. However only time will tell since this did not happen every time I used the program.
    Thanks a lot. Great support from you both!
This discussion has been closed.