Security Reports 14 pages wide with an extra column at the right

craig
craig Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Every so often I run a Security Report on an individual holding. Now when I run one and want to print it defaults to 14 pages. On page 14 each line in the report has a 1.00 on page 14. I can drag the bar at the bottom to make it a 1 page report, or choose to print just page 1. But i have never had to do this before. It seems this only happens on an individual Security Report. Anyone want to run one and see if this is a recent bug? Or is it just me.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can reduce the width of the column so the 1.00 does not show by dragging the right-most divider in the header on top of the divider to its left. This actually makes the column disappear in the current report.

When re-opening the report, Quicken remembers the column widths you set, which I think it has not done in the past for the built-in reports. The right-most column is still there but it is very narrow so it should not cause problems.

I will edit the title of this post to clarify what the problem is.
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @craig

I ran a report for a security that was > 14 pages and didn't see the behavior you are seeing.  You might want to try validating your datafile.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• craig
    craig Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for looking at that Frankx. I just want to be clear. For example I click on holding AAPL and it shows Security Detail View. Then in upper right corner I click SECURITY REPORT. Then I hit PRINT. A 1 page report is 14 pages. All because on page 14 each line of report shows 1.00 on page 14. (there are 12 literally blank pages between). On a security with lots of activity a 2 page report becomes 28 if I just hit PRINT. Does not matter whether it is Landscape or Portrait. I will probably check with support on Monday. Thanks again!!
  • Jim_Harman
    I am running R38.29 and I am seeing the same issue. The default Security Report, accessed by clicking on the Security Report button on the Security Detail page, has a very wide column at the right that has no header and 1.00 in each row.

The Investment Transactions report, which the Security Report is based on, has the same problem. Clicking on Reset Columns in the customization does not fix it, and if I de-select all the columns for the report, the 1.00 is still there.

Looks like a bug to me.
  • craig
    craig Member ✭✭✭
    Jim Harman. EXACTLY! Thank you sir for confirming!
  • Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓
    You can reduce the width of the column so the 1.00 does not show by dragging the right-most divider in the header on top of the divider to its left. This actually makes the column disappear in the current report.

When re-opening the report, Quicken remembers the column widths you set, which I think it has not done in the past for the built-in reports. The right-most column is still there but it is very narrow so it should not cause problems.

I will edit the title of this post to clarify what the problem is.
  • craig
    craig Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Jim. I was dragging from the BOTTOM slider and it would not stay. The way you explain it DOES STAY. I am wondering what that 1.00 column is after Cash+Invest. It is not labelled. This does solve the hassle of 14 pages, but like you say wondering if it is bug that can be fixed.
This discussion has been closed.