Memo / Notes saved but do not appear the next day (Q Mac)

Bob in Temple
Bob in Temple Member ✭✭
Greetings: Since the last Q update entries in my notes / memo will disappear the next day. Is anyone else having this problem? I have had 3 Q service chats and screen take overs but the problem still perciss.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    This sounds like a problem where data from Quicken Cloud is overwriting your local data. Are these memos you entered manually after downloading transactions? Do you use the mobile app or web interface? If yes, do you do a manual sync after entering the memos and before you quiet Quicken? If no, is Sync turned off in Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • No Mobil App, I use my Mac desk top. Yes I add my personal notes after each down load. My automatic sync is turned on.Thank you Jacobs. Any other suggestions.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Yes, the suggestion is to turn Sync to OFF since you are not using the mobile app. After you turn Sync off, take the additional step of going to Preferences > Connected Services and clicking the button to reset your Cloud account. After doing this, your transaction data will not exist in Quicken Cloud, and it can't overwrite the data in your local file.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Hi Jacobs, Thank you for all your input. I did the following steps you advised above. Sorry to say no success. I just started this problem after the last update. Do you know of any one else haven the same issues? Thank you again
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Jacobs, Thank you for all your input. I did the following steps you advised above. Sorry to say no success. I just started this problem after the last update. Do you know of any one else haven the same issues? Thank you again
    Hello @Bob in Temple

I am sorry to hear that the issue is persisting. I appreciate your efforts in continuing to follow up with us about this. 

Where is the data file you are currently using located? You can always check the name of the data file by going to File > Open Recent in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. You can then check the location of the data file by going to File > Show "(data file name will be shown here)" in Finder. Storing an active data file in an external drive or cloud-based storage service and opening it from that source can cause issues like those you described, and hence, it is recommended that this be avoided. 

I look forward to working with you further on this problem here in this discussion. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.