Do autopay expenses not show up in budget?

I have 2 expenses that are set up for auto-pay. My health insurance and my cell phone bills are paid by the vendor taking payment rather than me issuing a payment. These categories don't show up in my budget, even though I've selected them when choosing budget categories.

Has anyone experienced this? Any workaround?

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How they are paid doesn't matter. What matters is how the transactions are categorized. Have you verified that the correct category is being used on these transactions? 

When you say the categories don't show up in the budget, are you saying the actual amounts or the whole category doesn't show up (actual or budget) 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Are these transactions that have already been recorded in Quicken or are you talking about future transactions?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ConnieJ536
    ConnieJ536 Member ✭✭
    They appear on the budget report, but not in the planning tool.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    They appear on the budget report, but not in the planning tool.
    Are the categories themselves selected to be included in the Planning tab's Budgets view?

• ConnieJ536
    ConnieJ536 Member ✭✭
    @bmciance & @UKR - the telephone payments don't show up in the monthly planning tool although I have selected the 3 telephone subcategories in the Manage Budget Categories list. Health insurance payments are now showing up.
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you veried that the telephone transaction has the correct category (or categories)? 
  • ConnieJ536
    ConnieJ536 Member ✭✭
    yes. The data shows up on a budget report, but not on the budget planning tool.
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, you say:
    ConnieJ536 said:. Health insurance payments are now showing up.
     Did you change anything or did they just start showing up?

If you are sure the categories are correct and are selected in the budget I wonder if a Validate and Repair might be warranted on your data file.
This discussion has been closed.