Is it normal to get double entries in my accounts after moving from windows to mac?

Options
jordanjd3
jordanjd3 Member ✭✭
After transferring my data from my Quicken for Windows to my Quicken for Mac i ended up with double entries in almost every single one of accounts. I started to try to correct it manually but that is hopeless. I'm considering deleting it all and trying over from scratch.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Just for clarification about the issue, are the duplicate transactions just in the past three months, or scattered through the history of your accounts? Is every transaction duplicated, or just scattered ones? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jordanjd3
    jordanjd3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    It varies by account. Some accounts its 2-3 months back. Some others are as far back as 6 months
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jordanjd3 said:
    It varies by account. Some accounts its 2-3 months back. Some others are as far back as 6 months
    Hello @jordanjd3,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with duplicate transactions. Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community in regards to this matter. 

I have a few questions regarding the situation, as well. Are the accounts with duplicate transactions all associated with one Financial Institution? What steps did you take, exactly, to convert your Windows data file?

I look forward to your reply, and I intend to continue working with you on this problem, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Another question: are all of the older duplicates possibly associated with Transfer transactions?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jordanjd3
    jordanjd3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The double entries involved two different institutions. My checking account at my bank and an investment account at Schwab. In my checking account it was every single transaction going back several months. (I think 6 months)The Schwab account was also every transaction but not as far back.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    If the duplicate transactions were the result of them being re-downloaded, then if you select the Last Download filter at the top of the register, you may be able thus isolate them so you can easily select them all and delete them en-mass. If this is the cause, it should be a one-time issue.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jordanjd3
    jordanjd3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks RickO. I'm on the road but when I get home I'll look into that. I suspect I may have had too many downloads since the error occurred to fix it that way but I'll try it and post an update when I do.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jordanjd3 said:
    Thanks RickO. I'm on the road but when I get home I'll look into that. I suspect I may have had too many downloads since the error occurred to fix it that way but I'll try it and post an update when I do.
    @jordanjd3,

Thank you for keeping in touch with us about this issue and for being so patient. We look forward to hearing from you about any new developments, should you have the chance to follow up with us again.

Feel free to reach out to us with any additional questions or concerns in the future.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.