User should be able to tell Quicken not to use the downloaded unique Id for a download.

Chris_QPW
Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
Currently there are several use cases where the user might want to redownload some transactions.
For instance if they have deleted transactions by mistake.  Currently to get the transactions again the user has to use some painful workarounds like deactivating the account for downloading, and creating a new account and download the transactions there and then move transactions between accounts.  If the user had an option to ignore the downloaded unique Id for one download they could get the transactions without these workarounds.

Along the same lines it would help to be able to change the date that is sent to they financial institution of what transactions should be downloaded.  Note there is a "secret key combination" to do this from the Online Center, but it should be something that is visible to the average user.
Signature:
This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
14 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    A great useful idea!
  • nobody102
    nobody102 Member ✭✭
    Yes, need this!
  • jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    I must be missing something. I process my downloaded transactions every morning. If I goof, I just restore my last backup (I make one every time Quicken exits) and download again. Yes, there's some rework to accept transactions again, but that seems easier to me compared to deactivating, creating a new account, downloading again, then copying/pasting.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @jtemplin the point is the user shouldn't have to deactivate the account and such to reimport the transactions.  I agree that most of the time people would be better off if they restored from a current backup after such mistakes, but not everyone keeps a current backup for every time they download/mess up.  What's more there are cases where this can come up because of something down the line that they can't control like the Schwab conversion.

The feature would be to ignore the unique Ids for a given download.  That means they would get the same transactions again, no matter what reason they need them, and without going to a backup and without creating a temporary account and doing copying and pasting.

And hand and hand with this would be giving a date to restrict how far back to get the transactions.

Frankly I doubt they will ever implement this, but it is useful.  I know that for a fact because I have done the if for my program and users have found it useful.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/