Close Investment Account and Past Transactions Disappear from Reports (Q Mac)- Followup

Options
Jimbo21742
Jimbo21742 Member ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Investing (Mac)
the Quicken rep is missing the point - I have the same issue. The initial question was/is valid. Once I close investment accounts their previous transactions are removed from the investment graphs. Yes, the transactions are saved in the system for future view - but they no longer show in the investment charts. The chart just shows a "Jump" in its value at the time the investments are transferred to the new account. The portfolio value today is the same, but the value from last week (on the chart) is now lower by the closed account's value. The only way to avoid this is to keep the closed account showing in the sidebar (which frankly is silly since it's closed and it takes up valuable space). Moving investments in Quicken should NOT alter the existing investment graphs at all - but it does... Please fix this issue.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the Quicken rep is missing the point - I have the same issue. The initial question was/is valid. Once I close investment accounts their previous transactions are removed from the investment graphs. Yes, the transactions are saved in the system for future view - but they no longer show in the investment charts. The chart just shows a "Jump" in its value at the time the investments are transferred to the new account. The portfolio value today is the same, but the value from last week (on the chart) is now lower by the closed account's value. The only way to avoid this is to keep the closed account showing in the sidebar (which frankly is silly since it's closed and it takes up valuable space). Moving investments in Quicken should NOT alter the existing investment graphs at all - but it does... Please fix this issue.
    Hello @Jimbo21742,

I am sorry for any frustration you may have experienced. Thank you for bringing this issue of investment graphs missing transactions before the attention of the Quicken Community. 

I do apologize, as I am unsure exactly what might be happening based upon the description of the chart and graph behavior. Is there any chance you may be willing to provide screenshots cataloging what is happening when you try to change your investment accounts or transactions? 

Just in case, I will include a link to a thread that details how to submit screenshots on the Quicken Community below:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.