When trying to backup the data file, I get the error message, "Cannot Write to C:"

icoder
icoder Member ✭✭
I get the same message when trying to backup to a USB stick on drive H: also.
Tagged:

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that the entire message?  Because I've seen that when backing up to a USB ... and that drive was full.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• icoder
    icoder Member ✭✭
    Yes that's the entire message. I get the same message when I change the target to a USB stick with a different drive letter. That USB is empty. I can also manually copy the .QDF file to the USB stick without issues. So this seems like a Quicken software issue where it's not allowing a change to the backup file location.
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
  • icoder
    icoder Member ✭✭
    I have Webroot security on this PC and that appears to remove the folder access options from the Virus & threat protection panel. However, I have shutdown Webroot and gotten the same results. Thank you
  • icoder
    icoder Member ✭✭
    see image of error
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the exact drive letter, path name, file name and extension of both your active Quicken data file and your backup file (e.g., C:\Users\username\Documents\Quicken\QDATA.QDF)?
    Since the problem first occurred, have you rebooted Windows?
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    Are you using a limited capability Windows User Account or an account with Admin privileges?
  • icoder
    icoder Member ✭✭
    let me get that info together and post it. thank you
This discussion has been closed.