R38.29 Update wipes out pin vault entries

Options
vagus10
vagus10 Member ✭✭
Just updated. It's as if none of my accounts were ever set-up for online downloads. Pin vault in now empty.

Hope that they recognize and fix this quickly.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    vagus10 said:
    Just updated. It's as if none of my accounts were ever set-up for online downloads. Pin vault in now empty.

Hello @vagus10,        

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem with your Password Vault. Thank you for bringing this subject before the Quicken Community for additional discussion and support. 

Have you experienced this issue before? Also, how frequently do you save backups? You can always do this by going to File > Backup and Restore > Backup Quicken File. I recommend doing this frequently in order to protect your data. If you have saved a backup recently, navigate to the File menu once again and then go to Backup and Restore > Restore From Backup File then browse through the options for the most recent file available, prior to the software update.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    vagus10 said:

Nope, R38.29 didn't wipe out my pin Vault.  All passwords are intact.  And I've used One Step Update to download from all accounts after the R38.29 update.
    Which makes me suspect data corruption rather than the program update.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• vagus10
    vagus10 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I restored an earlier file using the previous version. And file corrupted shortly afterwards. I think you are correct NotACPA.
This discussion has been closed.