Why isn't the Deactivate button showing up in Edit Account Details?

Recently, one of my financial institutions was purchased and changed names. Now, every time I try to upload the latest activity via a QFX file, I get the message "Quicken is currently unable to verify financial institution information for download". I've looked up that error in the Support forum and it says to deactivate the account. However, when I open the Account Details for the related account, there is no "Deactivate" button (like there is on other accounts). How can I deactivate the online services for this account to reset it?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @splasher : BTW, I have also tried the process to refresh the Financial Institution branding and profile indicated in another thread. That was the same thread that said if it didn't work to deactivate the online services, which led to this question.
    I suggest you save a backup, create a new register, move the transactions, reset any impacted reminders and memorized payees, and delete the original register. 

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a screenshot of what is shown on the Online Details tab when you edit the account?
    Black/fuzz out any personal info.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• TravelinMan
    TravelinMan Member ✭✭
    @splasher : Sorry about that. Here's a screenshot of what I mean. There is no "Deactivate" or "Reset Account" button like there is on all my other account details screens.

BTW, I'm using Quicken for Windows Deluxe R38.29 Build 27.1.38.29 on Windows 10 Enterprise.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    You only get a "Deactivate" or "Reset" if the account is setup for either Direct Connect or Express Web Connect.
    With Web Connect, there is nothing to "deactivate", you just blank out the information on the General tab and then when importing the .QFX file and Quicken asks, you make sure that you select "link" versus "add" and then select the existing account.

• TravelinMan
    TravelinMan Member ✭✭
    @splasher : Thanks. However, when you say "blank out the information on the General tab", how should I do that? I've tried deleting the existing Account Number and Customer ID and selecting OK, but when I reopen the window they are both still there. Also, the Financial Institution name is read-only so I can't change that one. None of the other fields except the Account Name have any data in them.
  • TravelinMan
    TravelinMan Member ✭✭
    @splasher : BTW, I have also tried the process to refresh the Financial Institution branding and profile indicated in another thread. That was the same thread that said if it didn't work to deactivate the online services, which led to this question.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    splasher said:
    You only get a "Deactivate" or "Reset" if the account is setup for either Direct Connect or Express Web Connect.
    With Web Connect, there is nothing to "deactivate", you just blank out the information on the General tab and then when importing the .QFX file and Quicken asks, you make sure that you select "link" versus "add" and then select the existing account.
    All of our Web Connect registers have a Deactivate button on the Online Services tab of their Account Overview window.

Note: We're still using R36.38.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you save a backup, create a new register, move the transactions, reset any impacted reminders and memorized payees, and delete the original register. 
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TravelinMan @Sherlock

I stand corrected, it should have a "Deactivate", I wrote from memory and not facts.

You might try uninstalling, rebooting and re-installing Quicken to see if your installation is flawed.

This discussion has been closed.