Printing a report and the columns are cut off.

pt216
pt216 Member ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Thursday, January 20, 2022 in Property & Debt I'm customizing columns I want to print.

I'm making the adjustments in the register columns using only the seven I want to use/print.

I looked at this from several ways by checking and un-checking boxes.

In both the print preview and in a printed a paper copy however my columns are cut off.

I'm not using the number column and the cleared column but they are showing up in print preview and print. They are not being used by me.

On the program the columns are spaced perfectly viewing them in either the portrait or landscape mode. Since there is no AutoFit Column Width to fit how do i get this to work?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The printing isn't "what you see is what you get".  The sizes of the columns in Quicken have no effect on what is printed.  The basic "rule" of printing in Quicken is that only in the reports can you customize what is printed.  Everywhere else they are "canned formats" which the size of columns or even what columns to print can't be changed.

Your only hope is to try to change the font it printed with or print landscape instead of portrait.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • pt216
    pt216 Member ✭✭
    In todays world The printing isn't "what you see is what you get" should be reversed , we do have programmers that know how to do this. Thanks Chris.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear, there are two types of reports in QWin.

One type, accessed via File > Print or Ctrl-P, is used for printing registers, the Investing > Portfolio and Budget views, and a few other places. These reports appear to be inherited from the DOS days, and as @Chris_QPW points out, they present fixed data and do not allow you to adjust column widths.

The newer reports are accessed via the Reports menu and do allow column widths to be adjusted. Unfortunately there is some data that is only accessible via the old style reports.

Depending on what data you want to print, there may be a new style report that will work better for you.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.