Simple Positioning - Cash Balance issues with Fidelity Netbenetfits

aabate7
aabate7 Member ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Some Quicken update changed how Fidelity Netbenefits 401Ks are downloading with Simple Positioning setup. It's adding a cash value equal to the portfolio value, thus doubling the appearance of the investment. This is relatively recent - maybe 2-3 months. I go in every day and zero out the cash balance & it's then right, but next day it's back again after downloading updates.

2 days ago I "reset" the account & it appeared to clear the cash line - which is correct, but now it's back and the zeroing out of the cash balance trick is no longer working.

The HSA account is not having this issue, just the 401K.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    aabate7 said:
    Some Quicken update changed how Fidelity Netbenefits 401Ks are downloading with Simple Positioning setup. It's adding a cash value equal to the portfolio value, thus doubling the appearance of the investment. This is relatively recent - maybe 2-3 months. I go in every day and zero out the cash balance & it's then right, but next day it's back again after downloading updates.

2 days ago I "reset" the account & it appeared to clear the cash line - which is correct, but now it's back and the zeroing out of the cash balance trick is no longer working.

The HSA account is not having this issue, just the 401K.
    Hello aabate7, 

I am sorry to hear about this issue with cash balances being incorrect. Thank you for speaking with us here on the Quicken Community regarding this matter. 

First, be sure to save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File > Create a Complete Backup. Doing this frequently is extremely helpful in a wide variety of contexts when issues arise. 

Next, go to File > New Quicken File > New Quicken File. You can choose to Sync later, if prompted about this. Next, try and add your accounts normally. Do the cash balances appear as they normally would after the downloads are completed?

I hope to hear back from you with any possible updates regarding this problem.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    This has been reported in a number of threads now.
    See my post in this thread:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20244119/#Comment_20244119
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • kmckinnon
    kmckinnon Member ✭✭
    I too am having this issue. I am using Simple - Positions Only tracking method on a couplde Fidelity NetBenefit accounts, a 401A and 403B, and the Balance shows exactly double what the account balances actually are.

I went so far as to delete the accounts and start over but I get the same results. I'm not sure when this problem started. I see other threads on this . Please fix it!
  • namanges
    namanges Member
    Agreed--having the same issue with the Cash balance and Fidelity Netbenefits.
  • jmr407
    jmr407 Member ✭✭
    Is there someone working this issue? Using quicken and Fidelity Benefits is useless
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    jmr407 said:
    Is there someone working this issue? Using quicken and Fidelity Benefits is useless
    In reality it makes using Simple investing on these accounts useless, but you can still use Complete investment mode.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.