USAA Direct Connect Set Up [Edited]

How can I find out how to make the direct connection for USAA work? I have an Access ID and PIN.

[Edited for Readability]

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @TexBob35,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

To add and set up Direct Connect with USAA using your Access ID and PIN, please follow the instructions provided below.
    1. Navigate to Tools > Add Account... 
    2. Type "USAA" in the search field
    3. Select USAA Federal Savings Bank, then click Advanced Options 
    4. In the following screen, select Direct Connect and click Next
    You should now be prompted to enter your Access ID and PIN. Follow the prompts to complete the setup.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TexBob35
    TexBob35 Member ✭✭
    Tried twice, both to noavail. What's the likey problem?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for following up.

Could you please elaborate and provide further details as to what happens when it fails? Do you receive any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) that you could provide us with here, please?

The more detail you are able to provide, the better we will be able to assist! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TexBob35
    TexBob35 Member ✭✭
    It says, repeatedly, that the USAA Website is not functioning and to try again later. I have no problem logging on to USAA directly. Your program seems to recognize my identification data, accounts number, etc, just will not log into or onto the USAA site. What do you suggest
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    TexBob35 said:
    It says, repeatedly, that the USAA Website is not functioning and to try again later. I have no problem logging on to USAA directly. Your program seems to recognize my identification data, accounts number, etc, just will not log into or onto the USAA site. What do you suggest
    Make sure you go into the Advance Options and select Direct Connect.
    And when you get to this dialog, make sure you click on the Get Access ID and Pin link.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • TexBob35
    TexBob35 Member ✭✭
    i already have both the Access ID and the PIN
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @TexBob35

Thank you for your response. Could you please attempt a test file? Before starting the process please ensure that you have made a backup of your current file. 

To begin please select File >New Quicken File >OK. On the popup window type in "test" for the file name and save it to your local hard drive. Once the test file has been created add your USAA account(s) only. No other accounts are needed. 

When you have a moment please attempt the test file and let us know how it goes. If you run into the same issue or another one be specific. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • TexBob35
    TexBob35 Member ✭✭
    Same negative results as before - "the USAA website is not available" One change you did accomplish, now I am unable to log in my my previous Quicken Accounts. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Tell how to unscrew this now!
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @TexBob35

Thank you for your response. To access your previous Quicken accounts please restore the backup made before starting the process. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Mel Strieb
    Mel Strieb Member ✭✭
    I am having a similar problem with getting to my USAA accounts using Direct Connect. I have tried all the steps listed in the previous discussion to no avail. I have called both USAA and Quicken support (an hour long phone call) with no luck. Does anyone have a solution to this problem. I haven't been able to download data since the beginning of February.
This discussion has been closed.