transfer Quicken datafile from existing Quicken ID to newly created Quicken ID

Any one has successfully transfer the quicken id ownership from existing subscription to a new quicken id as new subscriber?
I know the steps to do that but have not tried it yet. If it is possible, do you loose any config or data that will need to re-setup? For example, do you need to re-set up all connections to your back account , etc..
Thank you

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There might be some pitfalls depending upon HOW you handle the creation of that QDF file...
    What is your intent in all of this ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    To clarify what you are saying, I believe what you are talking about is taking a Quicken data file, and logging out of one Quicken Id, and then logging back in using a different Quicken Id.

Is this correct?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • huy
    huy Member ✭✭
    To Chris: Yes.
    To Ps:The datafile is an existing one. Has been through many years of upgrade and current with latest Deluxe version. This is about how to "renew" the service: subscription renewal with existing ID has higher price tag (almost double). New subscriber is offered deal right now with 1/2 price tag. Just want to see if it is worth going with new subscriber, switching to new quicken id without major re-set up of connections which is the reason I want to renew. It should be possible based on quicken instruction. Just curious to see if anybody ever done it and had any issue before I am going to buy new subscriber version.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    First off see if this link works for you. It was sent to me in an email from Quicken Inc.  This is for existing customers for a change (Even though the note says different):
    https://www.quicken.com/ip/pulse-win-deluxe-40?utm_campaign=TSMPP02220210&year=2020&ver=27.1.38.26&sku=4

If that doesn't work for you, I suggest checking out retailer, which do have sales on the existing users, like Office Depot:
    https://www.officedepot.com/a/browse/quicken-software/N=5+1462054&cbxRefine=514359&viewAllSkus=true/?hijack=Quicken&type=Search

Now to answer your original question.
    Because you are disconnecting from the "Quicken Cloud dataset", clearly anything in it is subject to change.

Of course, the big question is will it automatically get recreated or not.
    The one of the "most concern" I think is Quicken Bill Manager (and Online Bills with it).  I'm not sure what might go wrong with it.

If you are using Sync to Mobile/Web, and have years of data, it will resync to just the starting default, which is about 2 years I believe.  Express Web Connect data should be resynced with no problems.

You probably will have to reconnect with the Credit Score and Morningstar's X-Ray Portfolio if you have Premier or above.

So, for the most part I believe you can switch without any major problems provided you aren't using Quicken Bill Manager/Online Bills, and for that it is a "maybe", or if it gets messed up, you might be able to go in and repair them.
    Signature:
  • huy
    huy Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the link. I like that deal and will likely use it to renew my subscription. Also thanks for your advice of other things. They won't affect me
  • huy
    huy Member ✭✭
    Just tried the link. It didn't work . Still charge full price for renewal at the end of the order, not 40% off. Back to square 1
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    I did change my Quicken ID/License in December.  Not because of price but had some issues - long story and not relevant to this discussion.
    Answer to your question is that it was completely seamless to me.  Simply logged out of old one and logged into the new one and everything worked as if nothing ever changed.  However, I do not use mobile/web nor bill pay/mgr so I cannot comment on what others mentioned above.
    I will add my personal view on pricing: Just like any other business Quicken needs to be profitable or we will suffer and extra $25-30 a year is equivalent to two glasses of wine at a bar.  Many well known retail stores have it on sale few times a year (just make sure it does not say for "new subscribers only").
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    huy said:
    To Chris: Yes.
    To Ps:The datafile is an existing one. Has been through many years of upgrade and current with latest Deluxe version. This is about how to "renew" the service: subscription renewal with existing ID has higher price tag (almost double). New subscriber is offered deal right now with 1/2 price tag. Just want to see if it is worth going with new subscriber, switching to new quicken id without major re-set up of connections which is the reason I want to renew. It should be possible based on quicken instruction. Just curious to see if anybody ever done it and had any issue before I am going to buy new subscriber version.
    Hi @huy ,

See my Private message to you.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note I see that there some really bad timing here.  Yesterday Office Depot had the same discount, today I just checked and no discounts at all.
    Signature:
  • huy
    huy Member ✭✭
    You can still buy direct by Quicken. They still have it onsale as of now. Note: it is for new subscriber only
    https://www.quicken.com/ppc/deluxe?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=connexity&cnxclid=16448703810724709189510070301008005

For me, I got my answer and know what to do next. Thank you everyone for your time and advice
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    you might read and bookmark this other somewhat related thread -
    Don't think chasing a "discount" and changing User IDs is really worth it -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• huy
    huy Member ✭✭
    I would not be worried too much about that. should not be a problem for me. When I started this thread, I was more worried if Quicken did not allow the switch at all. Just wanted to make sure..
This discussion has been closed.