transactions

Gordon S
Gordon S Member
. When I enter a transaction and get to the category it will often come up with an automatic entry---many times it is wrong because I have misspelled the entry before. As a result I find that I have many categories that are simply wrong because I do them in a hurry and of course, I then have to correct them. How can I "clean up" all those errant categories and slim down the number of automatic entries so I don't get misspellings, etc. and have a decent list instead of so many wrong ones?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You can go to Window > Categories and see all your categories. For ones which are misspelled, just edit the category name to be correct. For ones where there are multiple entries because one is misspelled, you can merge the two (or more) categories into one, retaining the one with proper spelling. When you edit/merge categories, the changes are reflected throughout your database, so all your exiting transactions using a misspelled category will automatically show the corrected category once you edit the name. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You can go to Window > Categories and see all your categories. For ones which are misspelled, just edit the category name to be correct. For ones where there are multiple entries because one is misspelled, you can merge the two (or more) categories into one, retaining the one with proper spelling. When you edit/merge categories, the changes are reflected throughout your database, so all your exiting transactions using a misspelled category will automatically show the corrected category once you edit the name. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.