Why do I lose a couple days' data every time I update to the latest version of Quicken for Windows?

Options
bellapop7
bellapop7 Member ✭✭
I use Quicken for windows on a subscription. When I am notified of a new version, I do a backup and then install it. When I reopen Quicken, on the accounts I use most, I can tell that there are transactions missing, so I have to restore a backup and re-sync to the cloud. This is very tedious, to say the least. It hasn't always happened, but started around the time Quicken started using direct connect with Chase and Amex.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bellapop7 said:
    I use Quicken for windows on a subscription. When I am notified of a new version, I do a backup and then install it. When I reopen Quicken, on the accounts I use most, I can tell that there are transactions missing, so I have to restore a backup and re-sync to the cloud. This is very tedious, to say the least. It hasn't always happened, but started around the time Quicken started using direct connect with Chase and Amex.
    Hello @bellopop7

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with missing transactions. Thank you for getting in touch with us here on the Quicken Community regarding this problem. 

Is it possible that another data file gets reopened when you return to Quicken after installing the program? Also, are you navigating to File > Open Quicken File in the upper menu at the top of the screen in order to get back to your Quicken information when you reopen? 

I look forward to any reply you may be able to provide, should you have the chance to drop by the Quicken Community once again. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • bellapop7
    bellapop7 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Jared,
    I just installed R38.30, and when it finishes installing, it reopens Quicken on its own. The totals in my accounts are different than the totals just before I updated it.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A couple of suggestions.  First if you haven't already, make sure that all the downloaded transactions are in the register before installing a new patch (none should be in the Downloaded Transactions tab if you are using it).

Second you mention syncing to the Mobile/Web.  I suggest you turn that off to see if that is the problem.

It is possible that if the Quicken Cloud dataset is out of sync with the Quicken Data file, the sync might think that it needs to delete transactions in the Quicken data file because they aren't in the Quicken Cloud dataset.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.