Issues with Memorized Payees [Edited]

Options
BlaisKE
BlaisKE Member
The memorized PAYEE only shows the name and no other transaction information. Previously, My memorized Payee entries automatically entered the full transaction information, like PAYEE, AMOUNT, MEMO CATEGORY. Now, all I get is the payee name and I have to look up older entries to copy this information into the AMOUNT, MEMO and CATEGORY fields - a whole lot more work! Why did you do this?

I manually enter ALL my transactions in order to have them set up the way I want them to be. I miss the days when Quicken was a stand-alone program, and not cloud based.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlaisKE said:

I manually enter ALL my transactions in order to have them set up the way I want them to be. I miss the days when Quicken was a stand-alone program, and not cloud based.
    I can't explain your Memorized Payee issues, but Quicken is not cloud based.  It has the ability for you to have some of your accounts synced to the Quicken Cloud Account and then accessed via either QMobile or Q-Web, BUT that is your choice.
    The only information of mine that is in the Quicken Cloud Account is the minimum needed for my Quicken subscription information because I don't use either QMobile or Q-Web or use Express Web Connect download method.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @BlaiseKE Are you using Quicken Windows or Quicken Mac? In Quicken Mac, there is a preference setting for QuickFill rules for Payees: either store just the category, or store all fields. If you're using Quicken Windows, we'll need a Quicken Windows user to chime in.

As noted above, your blame is misplaced. Quicken always was and still is a "stand-alone program, not cloud based" just as you wish it to be. you have the option to turn on syncing some of your data to Quicken's Cloud server if you wish to access your data via a mobile app or web interface, but if you don't use that functionality, just leave the Cloud sync turned off.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.