Why is the new Quicken Bill Manager Check Pay so slow?? (Q Mac)

I have used various Quicken products (for mac) now for over 30 years. The old Quicken Bill pay was efficient, reliable, and easy to use. When this was replaced by the new bill manager, all of these benefits were diminished. However, I have persisted since there is now not much else available for the Mac. Beyond its cumbersome implementation, why is it so slow to process checks? Typically, it requires Quicken Bill Pay 20-30 days to get a check to a vendor from the date it is entered. I have now had multiple late charges from my VISA and Comcast accounts due to Quicken's excessive delays. If I personally mail a check, it typically will arrive by USPS within 4 days. When Quicken allegedly mails their check, 3+ weeks. They blame it on the USPS, but this does not ring true. So... does anyone have any suggestions? Why can they not process checks promptly? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I don't use Quicken Bill Manager at all, and I can't explain why Quicken's check payment provider is so slow with generating checks; someone form Quicken will need to speak to that.  But since you asked for suggestions…

The question I'd ask is why you are generating checks for bills like your credit card account and your Comcast bill. I believe the intent of Quicken Bill Manager is to use electronic payments (Quick Pay) for large companies, and to generate checks to be mailed (Check Pay) only for vendors who wouldn't be participating for electronic payments. 

The other option is to bypass Bill Manager where possible. For Comcast, for instance, you can set your account to automatically charge your credit card or debit your bank account on the due date of each bill. I've done this for many years, and have never had a single problem. Most credit card companies also allow you to set up auto-pay to pull money from your bank account on the due date of the bill. Even if you don't want to set up auto-pay, because perhaps you pay a different portion of the balance from month to month, if you bookmark the login page for each credit card company, you can visit their website and pay your bill manually in about 30 seconds. Doing this manually even with all your accounts adds up to only a few minutes a month, and guarantees you won't have late charges for late checks in the mail.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • ajcamma
    ajcamma Member ✭✭
    Why is it that if you post a problem that is critical of Quicken it disappears and can never be found again?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    ajcamma said:
    Why is it that if you post a problem that is critical of Quicken it disappears and can never be found again?
    @ajcamma This is Quicken's forum, so they set and maintain the rules. The moderators do delete things they believe qualify as "rants" or "speculation". If you are having a problem, post it. You can express that you are frustrated with the problem, or that the problem still exists, or that there has been no response from a Quicken moderator — as long as you don't resort to  cursing, name calling or attacking the competency of Quicken staff. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.