Potential Bug: Bills & Income Schedule Transactions Not Displaying

ddeacon
ddeacon Member ✭✭
For some reason when I schedule a recurring income to an account such as a line of credit it will not show in the Bills & Income - Income section of scheduled transactions. I can create one fine that displays correctly in a Checking or Savings account but as soon as I change the account to Line of Credit, Liability, or Credit Card, it will not display in the summary list within the Quicken for Mac Application (Canada). If I log into the Quicken Web is is displayed there.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If you go to Bills & Income > Projected Balances, does it display there?

I don't use these screens myself, but it does make some sense to me that a transaction that reduces the balance of a LOC or CC account would not be considered income. Are these transactions transfers into the account or do they have a category. If so, what's the category?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2022
    I tried setting up a monthly deposit to a credit card account (with a category of Paycheck, so it wasn't a transfer) and saw the same thing as @ddeacon. It does show up on the Projected Balances tab (and the reminder is in the credit card register) but not on the Bills or Income tabs. I tried setting it up with the type set to Income, and also with the type set to Bill with a positive amount, and had the same result either way.

Bills charged to a credit card seem to be fine, however, I have several of those set up.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• ddeacon
    ddeacon Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Agreed, it does show up in the projected balances and if I change the transaction type from income to bill it will show up on the bill tab.

The transaction into the line of credit is a recurring payment from my wife. We use the line as a car loan so she is making a bi-weekly car payment to it of category Auto.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    yeah, I think this is probably something that's by design. That is, decreases to a CC or loan balance are reduction in debt and would not be considered as "income". We don't have to agree, but I think this may be what's behind what we're seeing.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.