citi credit resolved or not?

hmday
hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
My Citi Costco credit card will not download. I receive a c-800 error. I have deactivated and reactived the account several times. It will download once however on subsequent downloads I receive the error. Is it resolved or is this still a known issue? 

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If the accounts are available at Citi Cards, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all account registers available a Citi Cards and clear the name of the financial institution on the General tab of the Account Details window.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of both account register and cleared the financial institution name on the General tab of the Account Details window available a Citi Cards, select Tools > Add Account..., search for Citi Cards, select Advanced Options, and choose Direct Connect.  After you authenticate, Quicken should provide a list of the available accounts and allow you to link the account to the appropriate existing registers.

You may need allow Quicken access to your Citi account at https://citi.com/datamanagement 

Note: When we change the connection method, the initial import may present duplicate transactions which may be deleted.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @hmday

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, have you recently restored any backups of your current file? Also, where is your file currently located (local hard drive, external hard drive, cloud-based storage)?

Please elaborate so that we may provide the proper guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have not restored the file and it is stored on the local hard drive. I have the most current update 38.30. I can deactivate the account and reactivate it and it will update successfully. However, any other attempts to update either via the OSU or the update icon within the account it will post the 800 error. Thanks for the response
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    I did report the problem yesterday. 
  • Quicken Paloma
    edited February 2022
    Hello @hmday

Thank you for your response. For this particular issue, I would suggest deactivating the account then selecting the General tab and clearing the Account Number field. A visual example is below.

Next, close Quicken and restart your PC. 

Once it has restarted and is running properly, launch Quicken then select File >Validate and Repair file. On the popup window check the first box, validate file then click OK. A visual example is below. [Edited for clarification]

After the file has been validated select Tools >Add Account. Go through the prompts as if you were adding your My Citi Costco credit card. Once the account is found select the drop-down arrow beside Add and select Link to an existing account

When you have a moment please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    i dont see a yes on the validate screen
  • Quicken Paloma
    edited February 2022
    Hello @hmday

Pardon the mistake. To clarify, you simply check the box validate and click OK. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    It downloaded during the adding procedure. After it added I updated the account and received a C-800 error.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If the accounts are available at Citi Cards, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all account registers available a Citi Cards and clear the name of the financial institution on the General tab of the Account Details window.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of both account register and cleared the financial institution name on the General tab of the Account Details window available a Citi Cards, select Tools > Add Account..., search for Citi Cards, select Advanced Options, and choose Direct Connect.  After you authenticate, Quicken should provide a list of the available accounts and allow you to link the account to the appropriate existing registers.

You may need allow Quicken access to your Citi account at https://citi.com/datamanagement 

Note: When we change the connection method, the initial import may present duplicate transactions which may be deleted.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hmday - I concur with @Sherlock 's suggestion.  The error code you are getting is one that is associated with Express Web Connect connections and Citi has a horrendous reliability history with EWC connections.  Direct Connect works really well (fast, reliable) for me via the Citi Cards Advanced Options set up link for my Costco Visa and 2 other Citi credit cards...and it is a free DC connection.  Hardly ever an issue.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭

here is what i get. I tried to go to the link above but could not find it..
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    ok thanks that worked!!!! 
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    will that same series of steps enable direct connect with BofA credit cards?
  • Quicken Paloma
    edited February 2022
    Hello @hmday

The steps should work with Bank of America as well. The only detail is that Direct Connect is not available to new users. Only members who have previously been enrolled are "grandfathered" in would have access to Direct Connection.

Hope that provides some clarification. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    hmday said:
    will that same series of steps enable direct connect with BofA credit cards?
    If a financial institution supports the Direct Connect connection method and any other connection method, there should be an Advanced Options on the Add Account window available to allow us to choose Direct Connect.  Note: The financial institution determines the types of the accounts they support with a connect method.

If the BofA credit cards are available at Bank of America-All Other States, the same steps in Quicken should work.
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    ok thank you for the response...
This discussion has been closed.