SunTrust\Truist Merger Online banking merger Completed...not able to Connect

denmarfl
denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
So today is the day that the Suntrust offical change to Truist was to be completed...to include Online Banking.  Today I am not able to Connect via Direct Connect...error.... OL-332-A.

Not sure routing numbers have changed....or Internally Truist and Quicken will/are going to make needed chnages so connections can be made, or, nothing needs to be done and Truist is just having issues ....

Can someone Update us?

Answers

• GMurph
    GMurph Member
    Having exact same issue ... Any updates ?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @denmarfl and @GMurph

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. Please refer to the Help Article linked below. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank for your reply;  I can sign in fine using my D and password at the Banks Website.  You do understand, Suntrust shutdown it systems 2/18/22 to convert to truist bank on 2/21 or 2/22/22.  This appears to be an issue between Suntrust\Truist and Quicken.  Please get this investigated so corrective steps are provided to Customers uisnf Q connecting now to Truist Bank....
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken does not have Truist Bank listed as a financial institution supporting the Direct Connect connection method.  I suggest you contact financial institution to confirm the availability of the service.  Note: SunTrust Bank is still listed as supporting the Direct Connect connection method. 
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Truist was Suntrust...its a Name Change.  Routing Number was Not Changed....So with the Opening of Business today...SunTrust is Now Truist bank...and surely Quicken is aware of this change.  Thanks, I was going to DeActivate...and Re-activate thinking I would see Truist if the List of banks to select...but given you say Truist is not Listed...I will hold off hoping someone from Quicken will see this and provide details of what is needed.  
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    denmarfl said:
    Truist was Suntrust...its a Name Change.  Routing Number was Not Changed....So with the Opening of Business today...SunTrust is Now Truist bank...and surely Quicken is aware of this change.  Thanks, I was going to DeActivate...and Re-activate thinking I would see Truist if the List of banks to select...but given you say Truist is not Listed...I will hold off hoping someone from Quicken will see this and provide details of what is needed.  
    The corporate name of the financial institution is not relevant when we setup Online Services.  A number of financial institution's have multiple distinct names in Quicken.

I did not say Truist is not listedTruist Bank is listed but as only supporting the Express Web Connect connection method on only banking and credit accounts.
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    For those that see this POST...just contacted Quicken Support....Chat.  They advise Q is aware of the connection issue and Chat is awaiting instructions from Qucken Tech as to what customers need to do in Order to connect with Truist bank...formerly...SunTrust Bank.
  • Frant
    Frant Member
    I also am having issues with Suntrust/Truist. Up until today I was able to see my checking account on the website. Now it has disappeared. I am also unable to download any information. I am hoping that my automatic debits for medical insurance get paid. I cannot accessthat account at all. I was on hold W Truist for 20 minutes and then they hung up.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: NEW 2/23/22 Truist Bank - Missing Direct Connect Option
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks...I worked with a Q Support Tech...just to get a sucessful Express WebConnect...connection.  My previuos Connection was DirectConnect....and that matter is being escalated.

The other strange thing....after De-activating/Re-activating selecting Truist as the Bank....the Acct Online property screen still shows the bank Name as SunTrust Bank.  The Q Support tech thought it to be wrong as well but could find no explanation or anyone to shed any light on the Matter.   I am going to post a Topic on this.

This merger with BBT has been in the works seem like 2 years...I would have thought given all this time to plan the change...this chnage would have gone without issues....so much for what I thought.  
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    A user posted they have been able to establish the Direct Connect connection method to their migrated Suntrust Bank accounts using BB&T - Online Banking instead of Truist Bank.
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Thanks for the Update.....I was incorrect when I wrote I got a sucessful Express Connect.  Quicken is showing a sucessful connection following an Online connection...BUT it is not so.  I have Transaction that have neen available for 2 days and none have downloaded.  I may try selecting BB&T...but each time you SETUP...the acct...you must change your passwords....
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Today I spoke with a Supr at Quicken....  [Edit-Speculation].  I have now been asked to de-Activate...setup acct....to the point I have out right refused to continue to perform those steps without any sucess.  This in part is what I am referring to, [Edit-Speculation]...  Per the Supr I spoke with, the matter will be escalated....
This discussion has been closed.