Direct Connect to Truist

Options
I've seen a number of threads on this issue. Some of the workarounds involved activating a new account in Quicken through BB&T, etc. which no longer works because I suspect BB&T has now converted it's system as well. I'm a previous SunTrust customer. It appears to me that Truist does not currently have the ability to direct connect. When you initiate a new account in Quicken, and search for the bank (in this case Truist), it is the only bank that does not have an "advanced setup" option associated with it. That is the only way to configure direct connect. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You are not missing anything.  Quicken does not have Truist Bank listed as a financial institution supporting the Direct Connect connection method.  Truist Bank is listed as only supporting the Express Web Connect connection method and only banking and credit accounts.   I suggest you contact financial institution to confirm the availability of the service.  Note: BB&T - Online Banking is still listed as supporting the Direct Connect connection method. 
  • gog8trz
    gog8trz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Has anyone seen anything official that we can permanently use BB&T - Online Banking as the option? I set it up for Express Web Connect and my downloads are working, but I am worried it will be changed by Truist in the future. I plan to switch to QBM if Truist is going to charge for Direct Connect.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gog8trz said:
    Has anyone seen anything official that we can permanently use BB&T - Online Banking as the option? I set it up for Express Web Connect and my downloads are working, but I am worried it will be changed by Truist in the future. I plan to switch to QBM if Truist is going to charge for Direct Connect.
    Nothing is permanent.  The services will work until they don't.  In an ideal world, the financial institution would let you know when they plan to make changes that may impact the services they support.  Good financial institutions still do.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: NEW 2/23/22 Truist Bank - Missing Direct Connect Option
  • gog8trz
    gog8trz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks @Sherlock, I saw that.
  • dhvizdo
    dhvizdo Member
    Options
    I have spent many hours on the phone with Truist over this issue. They dropped the ball big time with information they have provided their customers. In order to use direct connect with Truist you must add the account using BB&T and select advance option and direct connect, then enter your username and password. Once the accounts are added register your account online with Truist under your profile settings. If you already registered your data file with web connect you will need to delete, cancel subscription and re-add on Truist and restart the process.

Now with that being said I was on the phone again for an hour last night or more because they are still having some server issues when updating with One Step. Waiting on resolve with them.
  • Jon Hauck
    Jon Hauck Member ✭✭
    Options
    All said, as a SunTrust customer for 40 years, I was able to easily get established to direct connect at truist. Never mind that Truist then created a new checking account (same account at ST) and instead of loading transaction from Feb. 22 forward, they loaded transaction from Nov. 30, 2021. Ok, straightens that out, but then found out the real gotcha…….no problem downloading transactions…..but online bill payee will not work and it appears they require one to subscribe to the direct connect for $7.95/mo to use it with quicken. Totally unacceptable!!! Options are use Truist bill pay or find a new bank…..thoughts?
  • gog8trz
    gog8trz Member ✭✭
    Options
    @johnhau>; @Jon Hauck said:
    > All said, as a SunTrust customer for 40 years, I was able to easily get established to direct connect at truist. Never mind that Truist then created a new checking account (same account at ST) and instead of loading transaction from Feb. 22 forward, they loaded transaction from Nov. 30, 2021. Ok, straightens that out, but then found out the real gotcha…….no problem downloading transactions…..but online bill payee will not work and it appears they require one to subscribe to the direct connect for $7.95/mo to use it with quicken. Totally unacceptable!!! Options are use Truist bill pay or find a new bank…..thoughts?

I am also a very long term Suntrust customer considering switching to another bank. I was using ST check pay through quicken and refused to pay for it now with Truist. So I only implemented Express Web Connect to download ST transactions and I am giving Quicken Bill Manager a go. It’s a bit quirky - some vendors set up easily in Quick Pay, some take several tries over days, and some I can’t get to work (eg, US Bank). Check pay seems to work fine. I’m going to work on it a bit more before jumping ship on Truist.
  • Jon Hauck
    Jon Hauck Member ✭✭
    Options
    Do you know in Q Billy if you can use your current ON Line Payee List? I'll give this a look. TY
  • gog8trz
    gog8trz Member ✭✭
    Options
    No, you have to redo each one and each payee works differently. QBM also downloads the actual pdf bill and that part of the process is cumbersome. Cant figure out if I can turn that off.
  • jjanczewski
    jjanczewski Member ✭✭
    Options
    The BB&T option for Truist customers needing DC has now been taken down. We will have to wait for Truist to establish their own DC Quicken option now.
This discussion has been closed.