Invalid Date Message After a Successful Reconcilation

A couple of months ago, I started receiving an invalid date message after every successful reconciliation in an investment account.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    A couple of months ago, I started receiving an invalid date message after every successful reconciliation in an investment account.
    Hello @jeffledbetter

I am sorry to hear about this peculiar error message that you are receiving after reconciling accounts. Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to the Quicken Community and speak with us about this problem.

Is this message preventing you from reconciliation at the moment? Have any dates of transactions - or other transaction information - been changed without your awareness? If possible, I recommend posting screenshots of this message, as it may be able to provide us with necessary context for troubleshooting.

Here is a thread detailing the process for submitting screenshots:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

I hope that is helpful, and I look forward to hearing more from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Hi.

No, it is not preventing me from reconciling; it is just an annoyance. However, it does seem to be a regression.

The error message is a simple warning alert box that reads "Enter a valid date" that I can dismiss with the okay button.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi.

No, it is not preventing me from reconciling; it is just an annoyance. However, it does seem to be a regression.

The error message is a simple warning alert box that reads "Enter a valid date" that I can dismiss with the okay button.
    @jeffledbetter,      

I understand. Thank you for further explaining the situation for me. I apologize that this message is continuing to appear, however.

If you wish, you could try restoring from a backup to see if the message remains. Provided that you are regularly saving backups by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen, you can always restore from a backup by going into the same menu and navigating to File > Restore a Backup File. I recommend trying to restore from a backup just prior to when you first noticed this occurring, if possible.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • No, it is not really helpful. It's a bug in the software. Restoring from a backup will not help.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw this a few times also. But I can no longer reproduce it in R38.30. What release are you on, @jeffledbetter ?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• jeffledbetter
    jeffledbetter Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    @Rocket J Squirrel I am on R38.30 Build 27.1.38.30.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sure would be nice if this "invalid date" message positioned the register to point to that transaction ...

Have you checked to see if somewhere in the investment account register there is a transaction which is either totally blank or contains a date, something like 0/0/0 or 1/1/1900?

Have you performed data file Validation and Supervalidation?

If you haven't done so already, I'd try the following actions:

• Reboot Windows.
    • Validate and Supervalidate your Quicken data file.
    • If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring.

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

This discussion has been closed.