Linking CIT bank account for download tarnsactions

I am not able to link CIT bank account to my quicken since CIT changed their online services. Can anyone point me to updated instructions for linking CIT to Quicken on Windows??

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I found this at the CIT Bank site, maybe that'll help.

• Misterbill
    Misterbill Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 2022
    So I have this working, but it's asking for a code sent via text message every time I download transactions [Removed-Disruptive]. Has anyone figured out a way around this? I'm thinking of just closing our accounts there, since their savings rate is no better than the other banks anymore (it was when we opened them).
  • I managed to link Quicken with my CIT bank account, but have the same issue as it sends a code to enter for download every time. A bit too much security, if ask me....
  • Misterbill
    edited March 2022
    I managed to link Quicken with my CIT bank account, but have the same issue as it sends a code to enter for download every time. A bit too much security, if ask me....
    Yes, definitely excessive for read-only access. I closed our accounts, now my Quicken update runs quietly. Which reminds me, I told them why I closed it in a parting email. I need to go look for their reply.

Update - just checked, and they claimed that the code was supposed to be a one-time thing when connecting to a third party. I told them that either that information is wrong, or it's broken.
  • Misterbill
    Update -- CIT said "This is an issue that we are looking into with quicken,"
This discussion has been closed.