How to open a very old data file in Quicken 2007

bookmanjb
bookmanjb Member ✭✭
I'm still happily and successfully using Quicken 2007. I have a data file from a previous version of Quicken, not sure which, that covers the years from (I think) 2000 - 2005. When I try to open it, Q2007 says it can't. Is there a method available to view it?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    When you do About Quicken from the Quicken menu, what version of Quicken 2007 are you currently running?

There are two versions of Quicken 2007. The original version (16.0.x) can open older year formats of Quicken data files. But this version of Quicken 2007 can only run on an older Mac running the old macOS Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6.8) or earlier. The updated version (16.1.x or 16.2.x) can run on any Mac operating system up through Mojave (10.14.x), but it cannot open files ushered with older versions of Quicken prior to Quicken 2006. 

So if your data files were created/last modified by Quicken 2005 or 2004, the only way to access them is to get a Mac running Snow Leopard or earlier, and to get a copy of original Quicken 2007 (16.0.x).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    When you do About Quicken from the Quicken menu, what version of Quicken 2007 are you currently running?

There are two versions of Quicken 2007. The original version (16.0.x) can open older year formats of Quicken data files. But this version of Quicken 2007 can only run on an older Mac running the old macOS Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6.8) or earlier. The updated version (16.1.x or 16.2.x) can run on any Mac operating system up through Mojave (10.14.x), but it cannot open files ushered with older versions of Quicken prior to Quicken 2006. 

So if your data files were created/last modified by Quicken 2005 or 2004, the only way to access them is to get a Mac running Snow Leopard or earlier, and to get a copy of original Quicken 2007 (16.0.x).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • bookmanjb
    bookmanjb Member ✭✭
    Thanks so much for the info.
This discussion has been closed.