Column order in Reports

Nick0131
Nick0131 Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I do not see a way to move report columns around. Typically, applications allow you to click a column name and 'move up' or 'move down' as needed.

Investment 'Views' has such a feature. If there is a way to export 'Views' to Excel, that would be another way to solve my problem. However, I have not been able to figure out if views are exportable.

Help would be appreciated!

Nick

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can export the Investing Portfolio views by going to File> Print Portfolio and selecting Export. The Lotus 123 option produces a CSV file. If you give the file a CSV extension you can open it directly in Excel.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least one report allows column re-ordering. Here is the Spending > Transactions report customization. Maybe, if we are all well-behaved, Quicken will grant us this ability in more reports.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Nick0131
    Nick0131 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Jim & Rocket! Your answers confirmed my understanding. I do not rely on the reports online too much but do download into Excel routinely to keep track of some things. My hope was to get information formatted as close as possible (one time only) before exporting to Excel, instead of having to do it after every export. Thanks, Nick
This discussion has been closed.