Closing an IRA account & transferring assets to a different Money Market account

mikebecker
mikebecker Member ✭✭
I've closed/liquidated an IRA account and transferred assets to a joint Money Market account. On the IRA account page, it shows a $0.00 cash amount at the end but on the "Investing page" it still shows the full amount that was transferred as a cash balance. I've tried everything that I think might work on the "enter transactions" to eliminate the amount on the "investing page" for that account and the grand total at the bottom of the page.
What am I missing?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Is that joint MMF setup in Q?  Do you show a transfer of the cash, in Q, from the IRA to the joint MMF?
    Can you show us that last transaction in the IRA (the amount field isn't necessary) so we can try to figure out what happened?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikebecker said: I've closed/liquidated an IRA account and transferred assets to a joint Money Market account.
    So - you have this as a taxable withdrawal from the IRA account into a normal MMF account JT -
    Quicken should then show the withdrawal of dollars from the specific securities in the IRA account,
    and deposited into the MMF account - an easy [Transfer] type of transaction.... ignoring the Taxes -  or not.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.