American Express keeps asking me to verify my log-in each and every time I One Step Update!!

Today is Feb. 4th 2022 and this problem has been occurring each and every time I do a One-Step-Update on my Quicken Deluxe software for Windows. One of my accounts, American Express keeps asking me for to verify my log-in, over and over and over again. Of course, I give authorization to them to send my telephone number a "one-time" pass-code, (I've given American Express this authorization over and over...at least 100 times, and I'm using the same laptop as well) which I then enter into Quicken. This happens each time I download new data (uploads) on One-Step-Update, whether its three times a day or once a day! It happens everyday!! Been going on for weeks!! I know everyone will tell me to contact American Express and remove 2-step privacy from my American Express accounts. Done that, and yet this keeps happening. Driving me crazy!! I've had my American Express account for a decade+ and been using Quicken even longer and have never had this problem. Anyone else have this issue or know what's going on? I'd appreciate some help, Thanks!

Comments

• Same issue.
  • aw-q-2022
    aw-q-2022 Member
    As a follow-up, I had support come on and take a look. They walked me demonstrating the issue, and confirmed it was prompting me for an AMEX account even though it was successfully downloading the AMEX card -- it would download the AMEX data, download a couple other accounts, and then prompt me for AMEX data. So, to clarify, it is actually downloading, but then also prompting me as if there is another AMEX acct.

They had me hold down CTRL, click File and Validate and Repair. Holding the CTRL adds some text on the next screen under the Validate File checkbox: "Authentication block will be fixed". But, this didn't help.

No solution as of now. I'm thinking of backing up the file, deleting the AMEX account, and seeing if it still has the issue.
  • MichaelA
    MichaelA Member ✭✭
    Same issue, I was prompted to reauthorize my AMEX account, I did several times, and it is downloading my account but I get the same message each time I open Quicken with "remind me next time" which I click to bypass each time but it is very annoying.
  • ebelsky
    ebelsky Member

Same issue here. Though I suspect it may be a" multiple" account issue.

I've always had 3 or 4 Amex cards, and have had no problem updating them all at once in the past. Recently, however, I opened an "Amex High-Yield Savings Account," and noticed that it added a new "Financial Institution" to my One Step Update list. Specifically, there is the old FI named "American Express" which says "4 accounts updated" (i.e., my 4 credit cards), and now there's a new one named "American Expresss - Banking" that only says "1 account updated," which is the new savings account. I suspect this new account is the one constantly prompting me for 2-step verification since the issue only just recently arose with the addition of this new account.

Anyway, I will disable the Update for the new Amex account and see if that helps. I also note that if I just "Cancel" the 2-step request, Quicken appears to update anyway. It might be just not updating this one account. I'll come back with more info after trying some solutions. Thx.