Reconcile dates

Options
voyager56
voyager56 Member
Why not have the End Dates for the reconcile summary page default to the last day of each month. I think most banks run their statements from the first to the last day of each month but we have to select the date if the current month has a different ending date than last month.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @voyager56,

I agree that the vast majority of banking financial institutions still use the month end date when the produce statements but not all.  Additionally, to the contrary, many,  - if not most - credit card providers do not use month end dates.  And, these days I expect most folks have more credit cards than bank accounts.  So one size doesn't fit all in this case.

That being said, I would suggest that you change this post to a "Product Idea" post so that others can consider and vote on your suggestion.  Here's a LINK to the section of the Community where you can post your idea.  Good luck!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think a more useful suggestion would be to remember what day of the month was used in that account for the last reconcile and use it as a suggestion for this reconcile.

And in fact, that I remember it working that way at one time.  But these days I reconcile to the online balance daily, so I wouldn't be in the position to check.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.