One Step Update doesn't download Bank of America transactions ...

Options
tim-klo
tim-klo Member ✭✭
.... but when I select "update now" in the account register, transactions are downloaded.
Tagged:

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OSU is properly downloading Bank of America transactions for me.  What download method are you using?  Depending on which "Bank of America" you're using - Bank of America has 11 different entities in the fidir.txt list - you might be able to use either Direct Connect or Express Web Connet.  My connection is Direct Connect.
    If you do have the option of either of the two downloading methods, and especially if you're using Express Web Connect, you might try changing the downloading method.  (Edit Account > Online Services > Change connection method)  Of course make a backup before trying this and be prepared to eliminate duplicate transactions after.
  • tim-klo
    tim-klo Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestion, Tom.
    My connection method is Express Web Connect.
    The online services pop-up does not have an option "Change connection method"
    Furthermore, Bank of America has eliminated Direct Connect service (https://www.bankofamerica.com/online-banking/online-financial-management-faqs/)

This OSU issue is relatively new, perhaps over the past 2 weeks? In any case, I can download transaction if I update the account directly instead of using OSU.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Furthermore, Bank of America has eliminated Direct Connect service"
    I seen it's been eliminated for new users so I guess you fall into that camp.  Perhaps the only other thing to try is the disconnect/reconnect process though that's a bit of a hassle, dealing with duplicates.
    If you tire of using Update now you might reach out to Official Quicken Support, or see if a subsequent update changes things.
This discussion has been closed.