Enable Ctrl+Home and Ctrl+End in investment registers

Rocket J Squirrel
Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Investments
Banking registers allow Ctrl+Home and Ctrl+End to quickly jump to the top and bottom of the register. Investment registers do nothing in response to these keystrokes. It is slow to scroll through an entire investment register and would be faster and more consistent to obey the same keystrokes as banking registers.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

12 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good idea.
    As a workaround, until, you know, the programmers get a round tuit, you can do this:
    Right-click on the vertical scroll bar at the right edge of the register and select "Top" or "Bottom" from the popup.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    I'd forgotten about that menu. Thanks for the reminder @UKR .

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Bump. Despite the mouse-based workaround, I'd still like to see the keys work.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump. Despite the mouse-based workaround, I'd still like to see the keys work.
    Me too.

• SeaStar
    SeaStar Member ✭✭✭
    Whew!  Until I saw this series with a suggestion and helpful "work-around," I thought my system went haywire.  Much appreciate how Users provide input and solutions!
    I vote YES and encourage Quicken Programmers to soon enable standard functions of Ctl-End + Ctl-Home to scroll to end and top of all registers.