Latest update continuously asks me to login to Quicken account

Options
davidmarketing
davidmarketing Member ✭✭✭
Hi. I updated Quicken this morning and it has made Quicken unusable. It continuously asks me to login to my Quicken account in a continuous loop.

I tried reinstalling the latest version, reinstalling a previous version, validating and repairing my account, cleaning Quicken, and nothing has worked.

I spent 1 hour and 21 minutes with technical support and we couldn't resolve the issue. I have been using quicken since 1995 and it's now unusable. Sadly, I use Quicken every day.

Thanks,
David

Answers

• copertjc
    copertjc Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same here, unfortunately. I made the mistake of updating the program after bring prompted this morning, now I'm going through the same continual loop of logging into Quicken and the program crashing.
  • davidmarketing
    Options
    yeah, tech support kind of wasted my time. it's an error with the quicken server speaking with the software. but, now we have to wait until the next software update which could be a while. And, I need Quicken to do my taxes. ugh!
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not a solution to this issue but something to protect yourself in the future.  Change the UAC settings in Windows so that Quicken can't update the program without your permission.  Then be very selective as to which ones that you do accept by checking here for issues before updating.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• davidmarketing
    Options
    thanks. I tend to update when they tell me, but now I am very worried about my data file. I've been using quicken since 1995.
  • davidmarketing
    Options
    Also, Quicken admin needs to put out an announcement that they acknowledge the issue and are working on it.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also, Quicken admin needs to put out an announcement that they acknowledge the issue and are working on it.
    They will, AFTER they get enough complaints.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• copertjc
    copertjc Member ✭✭
    Options
    @davidmarketing - I know you're working with Quicken support and I assume you've done this already, but completely uninstalling Quicken, running the QCleanUI utility as documented through the link below (including renaming remaining directories), rebooting, reinstalling the latest version and pointing to my data file worked for me. Again, I assume you tried/they ran you through this already, but in my case, it resolved the crash following the Quicken account login. I've closed and reopened the program numerous times without issue. I hope there is a chance this works for you. Good luck!

https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken
  • davidmarketing
    Options
    Hi copertjc,

I did what you said with tech support and it didn't work. But, this time I deleted the folder in my Program Files and rebooted and it does seem to work. Now I need to see if I have any corrupted data.

But, thanks!

David
  • spmazurek
    spmazurek Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had the same problem with when I was updated to R39.21 this morning. I chatted with support which was less than satisfactory. The reason given was that a security program on my system was causing my problem.

I have Norton and turned it completely off - that didn't ix it.

I ended up applying the mondo patch 27.2.38.30. Installed release 38.30. I'm working again... until they attempt to load R39.21 again.
  • WyattCoon
    WyattCoon Member ✭✭
    Options
    Support, may we please get a statement that you acknowledge the problem with R39.21, and that you are working to resolve?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello everyone,

We do apologize for any inconvenience or frustration you may have experienced. Thank you for continuing to communicate with us and bring these issues to our attention.

An Open Alert was just posted regarding sign-in loops associated with the most recent update. You can follow the thread linked below for additional information and updates:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909862/new-3-10-22-sign-in-loop-on-r39-21/p1?new=1

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.