Ally bank never sends SMS

NDecker
NDecker Member
Trying to add a new account from Ally bank to Quicken. Previously had one that was working fine. Now it wants 2FA, tells me to put in the SMS message code I received from Ally, but one is never sent from them.

Ally bank says it's a quicken problem. Tried multiple times, fully deactivated account, try to reactivate - each time "please enter the code you never got" and then after a few tries it locks me out of my Ally account and I have to call them to unlock the account.

This is ridiculous.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    To add a new account from Ally bank, I suggest you sign in to the Ally bank web site, download the transactions available for the account in Quicken format, and import the QFX file.
  • NDecker
    NDecker Member
    That would probably work, but it's a step back to how we did things 5 yrs ago. My automatic downloads directly into quicken worked a month ago.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    NDecker said:
    That would probably work, but it's a step back to how we did things 5 yrs ago. My automatic downloads directly into quicken worked a month ago.
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • NDecker
    NDecker Member
    I'd try the old method again too (i think I have tried), but now it's stuck in the "i know what bank you use" even tho it's not even setup, so once I go back to Online Services and click "setup up now" it goes right to "enter your ally login" without even letting me change it. There's no (good) "clear anything we know about the online setup" without deleting the account and recreating, I'm sure.

For quicken to have gone to a subscription model, it would be nice if they'd actually spend *any* time fixing bugs that have literally been in the program for a decade or so now.
  • NDecker
    NDecker Member
    ah, you have to delete the simple bank name on the properties page. So I can go back to manually downloading. But that's still...well, silly in today's world. For a local mom & pop credit union maybe, but for a bank the size of Ally, this should work.
This discussion has been closed.