Why does one of my accounts always check the CLR box for each manual entry?

Options
Blastphemy
Blastphemy Unconfirmed ✭✭✭✭
I have one credit card account in Quicken with a strange behavior I can't seem to correct: Every time I enter a transaction, it automatically checks the CLR box as if it were reconciled. Out of all my various bank, investment, and credit card accounts in QMac2022 v6.6.0, it's the only one that does this, requiring me to uncheck each transaction after I enter it.

I don't download transactions for any account; everything entered into Quicken is done manually one transaction at a time. I can't find any account-specific preference to stop this one account from always checking the CLR box for every new transaction.

Any ideas to resolve this issue? Thank you!

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Do you have a QuickFill rule for this transaction? QuickFill rules can include setting the transaction as cleared.

I suspect that if you find the QuickFill rule for this transaction, that checkbox is checked. Uncheck it and it won't happen again!
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Quick question: is the Sync switch turned on in Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Blastphemy
    Options
    Hi, @RickO - no, that preference is turned off.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Do you have a QuickFill rule for this transaction? QuickFill rules can include setting the transaction as cleared.

I suspect that if you find the QuickFill rule for this transaction, that checkbox is checked. Uncheck it and it won't happen again!
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Blastphemy
    Options
    Yup, that was it. For some reason, seven different transactions I only enter for this one credit card had that "mark as cleared" box checked in the QuickFill rule. Good catch!
This discussion has been closed.