Updating Truist/USAA

:/ I have not been able to update Truist through Direct Connect since the conversion. Tried everything recommended (disconnecting, using BB&T, etc.) Help.

Same issue with USAA. Any ideas?

Running Windows 10 Home; Version 39.23; Build 27.1.39.23

Best Answer

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an Alert posted about Truist Direct Connect that you might, if you have not already done so, want to read:  ONGOING 3/9/22 Truist Bank - Missing Direct Connect Option.  Bookmark it if you want to be kept updated on developments.
    Regarding USAA: 
    • Are you getting any error code(s)?  If so, which one(s)?
    • Which account(s) are you trying to get set up with?
    • Which USAA setup link are you trying to set up with?
    • Which connection method are you trying to set up with?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Thanks...wasn't aware...the most recent code was HTTP-306 connection fail with Quicken.

But it simply doesn't connect transactions to the account. These are checking and savings account. When I download the activity, it loads, but direct connect doesn't. Same with USAA
  • Boatnmaniac
    Well, regarding Truist you will not be able to connect with Direct Connect at this time. 
    Are you saying that you can download Truist transactions, just not with Direct Connect?  If so, it is good that at least you can do that.
    Regarding USAA: 
    • Error code = HTTP-306:  That is a new one for me and what little information is in Quicken Support and Community is 4 years old or more and pretty cryptic, mostly related to something about Intuit.  Hopefully someone else can weigh in here who knows something about this.
    • To confirm, you are able to download and import, just not with Direct Connect?
    • Again:  Which USAA connection link are you trying to set up with?

• It's wierd...I just created a new test account and added the Truist and USAA accounts and everything loaded fine...so frustrating. USAA was web connect...on Truist I could download to one cash account, but not the main one...so weird...I'm calling both tomorrow...just odd a new account loaded fine.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Quicken has announced that the Truist Direct Connect issue has been resolved and is now capable of DC Billpay.  Be sure to select Truist Online Banking when setting up the account in Quicken.:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909138/resolved-3-16-22-truist-bank-missing-direct-connect-option#latest.

• Thank you! I reloaded my accounts and everything is now connected.
This discussion has been closed.