Quicken 2012 Premiere - Need to move to new laptop

Options
Kap1
Kap1 Member ✭✭
I have a Quicken 2012 Start edition CD. Upgraded to 2012 premiere at some point, without a CD. I need to move 2012 premiere to a new laptop. What is the best way to do this?

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IF you don't mind using Deluxe you can get 2013 for free.   That's what I did when I got a new laptop without a CD drive.  I have Premier CD on my Desktop computer and downloaded Deluxe for free.  

You can download 2013 Deluxe for free using this how to convert article.  It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What ever you do, you need to make sure that you save the installation program somewhere for future use in case it is needed.  You may not be able to find it in the future.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Kap1
    Kap1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @volvogirl said:
    > IF you don't mind using Deluxe you can get 2013 for free.   That's what I did when I got a new laptop without a CD drive.  I have Premier CD on my Desktop computer and downloaded Deluxe for free.  
    >
    > You can download 2013 Deluxe for free using this how to convert article.  It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009.
    > https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken 

Thank you, but the article says it won't work for versions greater than 2010. At least that's what I'm understanding.
  • Kap1
    Kap1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @splasher said:
    > What ever you do, you need to make sure that you save the installation program somewhere for future use in case it is needed.  You may not be able to find it in the future.

Is there a way to grab the installation files from the old laptop to be used to install on the new laptop? They must have purchased a downloadable version when then upgraded to premiere. Thank you!
  • Kap1
    Kap1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Kap1 said:
    > > @volvogirl said:
    > > IF you don't mind using Deluxe you can get 2013 for free.   That's what I did when I got a new laptop without a CD drive.  I have Premier CD on my Desktop computer and downloaded Deluxe for free.  
    > >
    > > You can download 2013 Deluxe for free using this how to convert article.  It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009.
    > > https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken 
    >
    > Thank you, but the article says it won't work for versions greater than 2010. At least that's what I'm understanding.

I tried it anyway and it appears to have worked. Thank you!!!
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kap1 said:
    > @splasher said:
    > What ever you do, you need to make sure that you save the installation program somewhere for future use in case it is needed.  You may not be able to find it in the future.

Is there a way to grab the installation files from the old laptop to be used to install on the new laptop? They must have purchased a downloadable version when then upgraded to premiere. Thank you!
    Not unless they saved it at the time when they downloaded it.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.