Just installed R39.23. How do I get it to use my Quicken QDF data file - "forgot password" issue

I downloaded and installed r39.23. In the past, all I had to do was open the newly installed version to use it with my data file. This time, my data is not there when I open the new version. What do I have to do?

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Do you know where on your computer your QDF file is located? If so, you should be able to go to File > Open Quicken file, navigate to the file, and open it.

Or you might try File > Find Quicken files, which will search your hard drive for QDF files.
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓
    Do you know where on your computer your QDF file is located? If so, you should be able to go to File > Open Quicken file, navigate to the file, and open it.

Or you might try File > Find Quicken files, which will search your hard drive for QDF files.
  • Mlu
    Mlu Member ✭✭
    Thank you...that helps! Now having password trouble. Unable to reset. Did reset my Quicken Id Password, but unable to use "forgot password?" option for my data file. Any suggestions?
  • Jim_Harman
    Did your data file previously have a password and you forgot it, or did it not have a password the last time you ran Quicken?

What happens when you click on the forgot password link for your data file?
  • Mlu
    Mlu Member ✭✭
    At the prompt for entering my datafile password, when I click "forgot password", it asks me to enter my Quicken Id and QID Password. When I do that, it takes me back to the datafile password login prompt which it overlays with the message, "Quicken was unable to determine your Quicken identification. Please check your information and try again."

I have checked it and tried again...no luck. Quicken does recognize QID and QID Password when I log in to the main Quicken site.

Thank you for helping. Have to sign off for now but will be back at it tomorrow.
  • DJinSR
    DJinSR Member
    I have a similar problem. But clicking "Forgot Password?" does nothing. Leaves me at the popup for entering password for data file.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    This is probably the "password" bug introduced with a corrupted Quicken QDF file
    Steps - RESTORE from a backup - trying versions prior to when the problem is observed

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.