Is there a way to do over my last 2 months reconciliations?

Marilyns
Marilyns Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Is there a way to do over my last 2 months reconciliations? I made an error and would like to start all over.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Sure.  Just go through the register and put a [blank] in the Clr column for all the appropriate transactions that currently have an "R" there.  You can do it en masse by using the Windows convention of selecting the first transaction to change, scrolling down to the last transaction to change, then doing {Shift}- select on that transaction.  Then right-click and select Reconcile status.

Answers

• Tom Young
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Sure.  Just go through the register and put a [blank] in the Clr column for all the appropriate transactions that currently have an "R" there.  You can do it en masse by using the Windows convention of selecting the first transaction to change, scrolling down to the last transaction to change, then doing {Shift}- select on that transaction.  Then right-click and select Reconcile status.
  • Marilyns
    Marilyns Member ✭✭
    Thanks....just wasn't sure exactly which transactions that applied to. But I'll try to figure it out.
  • Tom Young
    This link
    describes how Quicken decides what transactions show up in a reconciliation, and should provide good guidance.
    If you manually enter transactions when you make them, transactions that subsequently get confirmed by downloads, most of the time your ending balance agrees with the statement provided by the financial institution.  Even if there's a small "timing difference" (e.g., that credit card charge that occurred on the statement's cut-off date but wasn't downloaded until a day or two later), you'll find that Quicken recognizes this and when you go to do your reconciliation the "Difference" number (Cleared Balance vs. Statement Ending Balance) is already $0 and all you need do is click on "Done."

• Marilyns
    Marilyns Member ✭✭
    I do everything manually. I have reconciled my checking account accurately for many, many years. But now there is a problem I can't find and would like to do the last 3 months over. I understand about timing differences, that is not the problem.
This discussion has been closed.